After snaps of Torres, who recently starred on USA’s Suits, showed her and some as of yet unidentified dude locking lips, Torres, who is set to star in a Suits spinoff, released a statement to People.com.
“With heavy hearts, Laurence and I quietly separated and began the dissolution of our marriage in the early fall of last year. There are no bad guys here. Only a love story with a different ending than either one of us had expected.”
Happily, however, our family remains intact and we will continue to raise our daughter together with love and joy and awe. As well as raise each other up with respect and love and the continued understanding that we’re in this together, if not side by side.”
Keep in mind that they have both made multiple public appearances — including premieres for their own projects — without each other since then.
We’re told that Torres and her new beau spent over an hour having lunch at the Sweet Butter cafe in Los Angeles. Torres, who wasn’t wearing a wedding ring, was seen holding the man’s face in her hands and kissing him across the table.
In January 2016, not long after their last public appearance together, Torres referred to herself as Fishburne’s wife in an interview with Hello! magazine. But in September 2016 Torres told the New York Times that she had quit “Suits” after six years on the legal drama partly because “my personal life needed to be tended to.”
Fishburne and Torres both starred in The Matrix Reloaded and played a married couple in NBC’s Hannibal from 2013-2015. They married at the Cloisters in Upper Manhattan.
Torres is also the stepmother to Fishburne’s son Langston, 30, and daughter Montana, 27, a former porn actress.
Shocking Celebrity Splits
1. Robin Thicke & Paula Patton1 of 16
2. Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin2 of 16
3. Taye Diggs & Idina Menzel3 of 16
4. Chante Moore & Kenny Lattimore4 of 16
5. Deion & Pilar Sanders5 of 16
6. George & Ann Lopez6 of 16
7. Heidi Klum & Seal7 of 16
8. Marc Anthony & Jennifer Lopez8 of 16
9. Maria Shriver & Arnold Schwarzenegger9 of 16
10. Lance Gross & Eva Marcille10 of 16
11. Tony Parker & Eva Longoria11 of 16
12. Kobe & Vanessa Bryant12 of 16
13. Tiki & Ginny Barber13 of 16
14. Tiger Woods & Elin Nordegren14 of 16
15. Tim Robbins & Susan Sarandon15 of 16
16. Chris Rock and wife Malaak split up after 19 years of marriage.Source:PR Photos 16 of 16
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
(Photo Credit: Photo Credit: Guillermo Proano / PR Photos & Photo Credit: Andrew Evans / PR Photos )