LOS ANGELES (AP) — The daytime TV show “The Talk” is losing one of its co-hosts.
Aisha Tyler announced on the air Thursday that her increasingly busy career prompted the decision.
Tyler became emotional as she described her realization that she had to give up the daily talk show.
She’s been on CBS’ “The Talk” for six years and will leave at the end of this season in July, Tyler said.
Besides working on three other series, including CBS’ “Criminal Minds,” the actress said she’s found a new passion in film directing.
Tyler said she intends to return to “The Talk,” both as a guest and a drop-in host.
CBS didn’t immediately announce who might replace Tyler on the show that includes co-hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Shocking Celebrity Splits
1. Robin Thicke & Paula Patton1 of 16
2. Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin2 of 16
3. Taye Diggs & Idina Menzel3 of 16
4. Chante Moore & Kenny Lattimore4 of 16
5. Deion & Pilar Sanders5 of 16
6. George & Ann Lopez6 of 16
7. Heidi Klum & Seal7 of 16
8. Marc Anthony & Jennifer Lopez8 of 16
9. Maria Shriver & Arnold Schwarzenegger9 of 16
10. Lance Gross & Eva Marcille10 of 16
11. Tony Parker & Eva Longoria11 of 16
12. Kobe & Vanessa Bryant12 of 16
13. Tiki & Ginny Barber13 of 16
14. Tiger Woods & Elin Nordegren14 of 16
15. Tim Robbins & Susan Sarandon15 of 16
16. Chris Rock and wife Malaak split up after 19 years of marriage.Source:PR Photos 16 of 16
(Photo: PR Photos)