Yara Shahidi has decided that she’ll be taking her talents to Harvard!
The Black-ish star took to Instagram make the momentous announcement. Wearing a Harvard hoodie, she quoted James Baldwin in her announcement. This suggests that she fully intends to remain woke as she attends classes at the Ivy League school.
Yara, who got a letter of recommendation from Michelle Obama herself, announced earlier this year that she actually got into every school she applied for (slay, young lady!). Considering Michelle also went there for law school, we’d say Yara chose very well!
However, the actress revealed that she may not be attending any classes for another year as she focuses on her career.
“I’ve been working more than half of my life and that’s always been balanced with school and all of the other responsibilities,” Yara explained to People magazine back in October. “so to have a year to focus on work and to focus on specified interests will be nice before I pick a career and choose what I want to study and my life path.”
Speaking of work, Yara will be starring in the Black-ish spin-off, College-ish, which is set to air on Freeform.
PHOTO: PR Photos
Smarty Pants: 21 Black Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Schools
1. Tammi Terrell - University of Pennsylvania1 of 21
2. Alicia Keys - Columbia UniversitySource:Instagram 2 of 21
3. Nikki Giovanni (University of Pennsylvania and Columbia)Source:AP 3 of 21
4. Lupita Nyong'o - Yale's School of Drama (Master's)Source:PR Photos 4 of 21
5. Tracee Ellis Ross - Brown UniversitySource:Instagram 5 of 21
6. Yaya Dacosta - Brown UniversitySource:PR Photos 6 of 21
7. Tatyana Ali - HarvardSource:Instagram 7 of 21
8. Tyra Banks- Harvard University8 of 21
9. John Legend- University of Pennsylvania9 of 21
10. Aisha Tyler- Dartmouth College10 of 21
11. Bob Johnson- Princeton University11 of 21
12. Sanaa Lathan- Yale University12 of 21
13. Hill Harper- Brown University13 of 21
14. Angela Bassett- Yale University14 of 21
15. Ryan Leslie- Harvard University15 of 21
16. Rashida Jones- Harvard University16 of 21
17. Courtney B. Vance- BA from Harvard University; MFA from Yale University17 of 21
18. Joy Bryant- Yale University before dropping out to become a model.18 of 21
19. Brian White: Dartmouth College19 of 21
20. Shonda Rhimes - DartmouthSource:PR Photos 20 of 21
21. Toni Morrison - Cornell University (Master's of Arts)21 of 21