UPDATE 04/20/17

Comedian Charlie Murphy was laid to rest in New Jersey.

A slew of fellow comedians joined his family to pay their final respects including Cedric The Entertainer, DL Hughley and Dave Chappelle.

Remembering Charlie Murphy #TeamDl

A post shared by realdlhughley (@realdlhughley) on

1 2Next page »

43 thoughts on “Charlie Murphy Laid to Rest

1. specialt757 on said:

I had no idea he appeared in Spike’s two movies. He’s been around for a long time and until his true hollywood stories skits on the Dave Chappelle show, I never really took notice.

2. Diane on said:

May he rest in peace. Condolences to his family. Especially his children, who also lost their mother last year. Very sad.

3. Wow, glad I got to see Charlie, DL, George Lopez, and Eddie Griffin in Charleston, SC. He was effortlessly funny, they all were. To me, I never seen such a blend of funny, and it was better than the Kings of Comedy….

• specialt757 on said:

Right! funnier than the kings of comedy, the funniest one on that tour was the late & great Bernie Mac, I know it’s comedy central wherever they both are now.

• wgailb on said:

What are you talking about? Who was sorry? People are grieving the loss of someone they loved and you say something silly like that. Your words will come back to haunt you and your family…..whoever you are.

4. Chastity on said:

My heart goes out to the Murphy family. May you all find comfort in knowing that Charlie is no longer in pain and is resting in the arms of Jesus.

5. Deneen Boston on said:

My Heart is very heavy…he will be missed….Father thank you for his life thank you for giving Eddie and all of his family peace that only you can give…for we know tomorrow is not promise we must leave this world in order for us to be with you.Be strong Family for God is to wise to make a mistake.

6. angietangie on said:

Rest up Charlie Murphy.. I know heaven is going to get a lot funnier. Condolences to the Murphy family including Eddie. RIP

7. Backstage Mike! on said:

RIP, Charlie! My sincere condolences for the entire Murphy family…May God’s comfort be placed on each one of the Murphy family!πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ’―