LOS ANGELES (AP) — Court records show singer and television personality Mel B has filed for divorce from her husband of nearly 10 years.
The former Spice Girl, whose real name is Melanie Brown, cited irreconcilable differences for her breakup from producer Stephen Belafonte. Her petition was filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
They have a 5-year-old daughter together and Brown is seeking joint custody.
Brown and Belafonte married in July 2007. She listed Dec. 28 as the date they separated. Brown, who is a judge on “America’s Got Talent,” is asking a judge to deny spousal support to Belafonte.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Mike Epps
1 of 16
2. Dwayne Wade
2 of 16
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Honsou
3 of 16
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married...but as we know, it didn't work out.
4 of 16
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey
5 of 16
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.
6 of 16
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose
7 of 16
8. Kimora and Russell Simmons
8 of 16
9. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.
9 of 16
10. 'All My Children' star and current guest star on 'Power' Debbi Morgan has been married...and divorced four times.
10 of 16
11. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.
11 of 16
12. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.
12 of 16
13. And we thought it would last - Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.
13 of 16
14. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O'Neal.
14 of 16
15. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven't remarried.
15 of 16
16. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it's been finalized...but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?
16 of 16