LOS ANGELES (AP) — Rita Ora is out and Tyra Banks is back in as the host of TV’s “America’s Next Top Model.”
VH1 announced Thursday that Banks will return to the reality show next season. Production is set to begin this summer.
Banks created “America’s Next Top Model” in 2003 and served as both executive producer and host until last year, when Ora was named the new host.
Fellow executive producer Ken Mok said Thursday that Banks’ absence was “deeply felt” by the show’s fans.
Banks said they inspired her to “have a change of heart” and return as host.
Banks is also the new face of “America’s Got Talent.”
NBC announced earlier this week that she will replace former host Nick Cannon when the show returns this summer.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Celebrating Fashion's Biggest Supermodels
19 photos Launch gallery
1. Cynthia Bailey
1 of 19
2. Jessica White was discovered at age 13 and landed her first job modeling for Vogue.
2 of 19
3. Tyson Beckford is an American fashion model best known for his days on the Ralph Lauren runway.
3 of 19
4. Selita Ebanks is a Cayman born British model and actress best known for her days as a Victoria's Secret Angel.
4 of 19
5. Kimora Lee Simmons is a former fashion model. She began her career at age 14 with a modeling contract with Chanel.
5 of 19
6. Jourdan Dunn was discovered in 2006 and became the first black woman to walk the Prada runway in 2008.
6 of 19
7. Eva Marcille is a fashion model who is best known for winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model.
7 of 19
8. Bre Scullark is signed to Ford models and is known for her time spent on America's Next Top Model.
8 of 19
9. Naomi Sims began her career as the first Black supermodel. (Photo: EURweb.com)
9 of 19
10. Beverly Johnson made history when she appeared on the cover of Vogue. (AP)
10 of 19
11. Businesswoman, actress and model Iman was a favorite with top designers. (AP)
11 of 19
12. Tyra Banks was the first Black to grace the cover of S.I. (AP)
12 of 19
13. Supermodel Naomi Campbell began modeling at the age of 15. (AP)
13 of 19
14. Sudanese supermodel Alek Wek was discovered when she was 18. (AP)
14 of 19
15. Ethiopian born model Liya Kebede has had a very successful career as model. (AP)
15 of 19
16. Joan Smalls ranked #2 model in the world according to models.com. (AP)
16 of 19
17. Model Sessilee Lopez has a Dominican and Portuguess background. (AP)
17 of 19
18. Roshumba also appreared in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. (AP)
18 of 19
19. Chanel Iman
19 of 19