The Los Angeles Superior Court has tossed out Tatyana Ali’s lawsuit against the syndicated daytime talk show “The Real.”
As deadline.com reports, the former “Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air” star filed her suit last July, claiming that she pitched a talk show to Warner Bros. and Telepictures back in 2012, of a celebrity-hosted program aimed at viewers young women.
The show would have “a unique and innovative format, which featured an eclectic group of engaging female celebrity hosts, each aged within their 20’s and 30’s … designed to pique the interest of the younger side of the mid-life/mid-career female population and featured a variety of contemporary discussion topics in a relaxed and informal setting.”
“With a great deal of disappointment and complete disbelief,” Ali’s suit said, she “witnessed [her] concept come to life on major network television at the hands of the Defendant Corporations,” when “The Real” premiered in July 2013, featuring co-hosts Adrienne Bailon, Tamar Braxton, Loni Love, Jeannie Mai and Tamara Mowry.
The five female host panel cast members very closely embody and mirror the personal and professional profiles of the specific and potential female celebrity hosts openly proposed in writing and in discussion by the Plaintiff during ‘pitch’ meetings she held with the Executives,” the suit says. “The Defendant Corporations did not at any time, directly or indirectly, acknowledge the use of the Plaintiff’s Concept.”
The court’s ruling noted that not only did Ali “voluntarily” reveal her talk show idea, but she failed to present in her suit “facts or concrete information protectable as a trade secret.”
Ali made the trade secret laws part of her claim but the court ruled that such laws do not protect ideas. Information that would be protected as trade secrets — formulas, methods and techniques… which were not claimed by the actress.
Meanwhile, “The Real” has been renewed through 2018.
2016: The Year of Celeb Births, Pregnancies, Engagements, & Weddings
1. Tika SumpterSource:AP 1 of 22
2. Tiny and TI gave birth to their seventh child, Heiress.Source:Instagram 2 of 22
3. Ray J and Princess Love got married in AugustSource:Instagram 3 of 22
4. Israel Houghton and Adrienne Bailon got engaged in AugustSource:Instagram 4 of 22
5. Kevin and Eniko got married in August.Source:Instagram 5 of 22
6. Donnie McClurkin and Nicole C. Mullen got engaged in AugustSource:Twitter 6 of 22
7. Marsha AmbrosiusSource:Instagram 7 of 22
8. Kerry WashingtonSource:PR 8 of 22
9. Angela SimmonsSource:Instagram 9 of 22
10. Jurnee Smollett BellSource:PR 10 of 22
11. Coco and Ice TSource:Instagram 11 of 22
12. Tatyana AliSource:Facebook 12 of 22
13. Draya and Orlando ScandrickSource:Instagram 13 of 22
14. Blac Chyna and Rob KardashianSource:Instagram 14 of 22
15. Kandi BurrussSource:Instagram 15 of 22
16. Ciara and Russell WilsonSource:Instagram 16 of 22
17. Adrienne and Chris BoshSource:Instagram 17 of 22
18. Teyana Taylor and Iman ShumpertSource:PR Photos 18 of 22
19. Grace Gealey and Trai ByersSource:Instagram 19 of 22
20. Tyra BanksSource:Instagram 20 of 22
21. Chrissy TeigenSource:PR 21 of 22
22. Melanie FionaSource:Instagram 22 of 22
(Photo Source: PR Phtoos)