During her visit to Wendy Williams on Thursday (Jan 5), Naomi Campbell opened up about a life-threatening incident she said happened to her in Paris several years ago, similar to the scare endured by her friend, Kim Kardashian last year.
“I sympathize with [Kim] a lot because I kept mine on the down-low, but in 2012 I was attacked in Paris,” Campbell said to a shocked Wendy. “They followed me from the airport. They attacked me. They opened my car door and said, ‘Naomi Campbell, we’re going to kill you.’”
Campbell said she was in town to visit her fashion-designer “papa” Azzedine Alaïa, and was outside of his store when it happened.
“I went to the car and it wasn’t my normal driver, and it was weird ’cause he had the windows rolled down and the car smelled of this weird perfume. All the windows were rolled down, it was November … I was like, ‘Wait a minute, this is weird,’” Campbell explained.
She said the driver “was in on it” and “it’s a whole ring that’s been happening for a few years now. It’s happened to me and it’s happened to a few other people – but it’s not for me to say – that are well-known, also.”
Watch her full account below:
PHOTO: PR Photos
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Celebrating Fashion's Biggest Supermodels
19 photos Launch gallery
1. Cynthia Bailey
1 of 19
2. Jessica White was discovered at age 13 and landed her first job modeling for Vogue.
2 of 19
3. Tyson Beckford is an American fashion model best known for his days on the Ralph Lauren runway.
3 of 19
4. Selita Ebanks is a Cayman born British model and actress best known for her days as a Victoria's Secret Angel.
4 of 19
5. Kimora Lee Simmons is a former fashion model. She began her career at age 14 with a modeling contract with Chanel.
5 of 19
6. Jourdan Dunn was discovered in 2006 and became the first black woman to walk the Prada runway in 2008.
6 of 19
7. Eva Marcille is a fashion model who is best known for winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model.
7 of 19
8. Bre Scullark is signed to Ford models and is known for her time spent on America's Next Top Model.
8 of 19
9. Naomi Sims began her career as the first Black supermodel. (Photo: EURweb.com)
9 of 19
10. Beverly Johnson made history when she appeared on the cover of Vogue. (AP)
10 of 19
11. Businesswoman, actress and model Iman was a favorite with top designers. (AP)
11 of 19
12. Tyra Banks was the first Black to grace the cover of S.I. (AP)
12 of 19
13. Supermodel Naomi Campbell began modeling at the age of 15. (AP)
13 of 19
14. Sudanese supermodel Alek Wek was discovered when she was 18. (AP)
14 of 19
15. Ethiopian born model Liya Kebede has had a very successful career as model. (AP)
15 of 19
16. Joan Smalls ranked #2 model in the world according to models.com. (AP)
16 of 19
17. Model Sessilee Lopez has a Dominican and Portuguess background. (AP)
17 of 19
18. Roshumba also appreared in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. (AP)
18 of 19
19. Chanel Iman
19 of 19