Source: Gilbert Carrasquillo / Getty
Marvel’s Luke Cage will be returning to Netflix for its second season. The announcement was made with an 18-second teaser video shared via Twitter on Sunday (December 4).
The video zooms in on the window of Pop’s Barber Shop, which is illuminated by a neon light that reads “Season 2 Coming Soon.” While an official date has yet to be announced, it can probably be assumed that new episodes of Luke Cage will hit Netflix sometime in the new year.
“As Variety reports, this make ‘Luke Cage’ the third Marvel series to receive a (well-deserved) second chance. ‘DareDevil,’ a show about a blind attorney by day (who is also fluent in Spanish) and a superhero with heightened senses at night also kicking ass in New York’s Hell’s Kitchen premiered its Second Season in 2016. And everyone’s favorite iron woman, who may also be a little emotionally stunted, ‘Jessica Jones’ will return as well.
Season One of ‘Luke Cage’ gave fans a lot of history. We learned how Cage became the insanely strong man he is, watched him defeat several enemies (and due so in a tailor-made suit from Dapper Dan simply for the culture) as well as develop a burgeoning romance for Rosario Dawson’s character Claire. But the last we saw Mr. Cage was on his was back to jail while an overzealous doctor may have given his worst enemy his biggest advantage.”
Showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker also shared his excitement about the shows return, tweeting: “Sweet Christmas arrived 21 days early!”
Bald & Buff Celebrity Men
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Terry Crews is known for his muscles and bald head.
1 of 16
2. Boris Kodjoe is a beautiful, bald man.
2 of 16
3. It really doesn't matter what Dwayne Johnson does to his head, we love it all.
3 of 16
4. Taye Diggs hair began receding pretty early, luckily he went with this look.
4 of 16
5. Tyrese has been one of our favorite bald men since his 'Sweet Lady' days.
5 of 16
6. Well we knew Ne-yo was bald, but who knew he was BUFF?
6 of 16
7. Michael Jordan may not be as buff as his playing days but he's not too bad for his age.
7 of 16
8. Sometimes Terrell Owens tries to grow his hair out, but bald is best.
8 of 16
9. Chad Johnson has always rocked a bald hair-do.
9 of 16
10. Samuel L. Jackson is definitely bald and we think he's in pretty good shape too.
10 of 16
11. Djimon Hounsou rocks the bald look all too well.
11 of 16
12. Romany Malco kills the bald and buff look. Have you seen 'Think Like A Man'?
12 of 16
13. Common has always had this look and never fails to impress!
13 of 16
14. Morris Chestnut giving us life with his bald and chiseled look!
14 of 16
15. Shemar Moore has always been buff but he' also joined the bald club and he's looking good!
15 of 16
16. L.L Cool J with his bald and buff self!
16 of 16
Yes!!! Netflix Announces ‘Luke Cage’ Season Two was originally published on theurbandaily.com