FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) — Rapper Kodak Black has been extradited to South Carolina to answer to a charge of criminal sexual conduct after serving a drug case sentence in Florida.
The Florida Sun Sentinel reports the Atlantic Records artist, whose real name is Dieuson Octave, was set to be released from jail in August after pleading no contest to robbery and other counts. But authorities found outstanding warrants on a drug charge in Florida and the South Carolina case.
The Sentinel reports the 19-year-old Octave was sent to South Carolina last week after serving time in the drug case.
The Florence County Sheriff’s Office tells the newspaper that Octave is accused of sexual battery during an incident in February.
Octave’s lawyer Gary Kollin says he’s convinced Octave will be “vindicated.”
Celebs Who Lost Or Almost Lost It All To Drugs
1. EminemSource:AP 1 of 14
2. Lamar OdomSource:AP 2 of 14
3. Chris BrownSource:YouTube Screenshot 3 of 14
4. Amy Winehouse4 of 14
5. Heath LedgerSource:AP 5 of 14
6. Jimi Hendrix6 of 14
7. Michael Jackson7 of 14
8. DMXSource:PR Photos 8 of 14
9. Richard PryorSource:AP 9 of 14
10. Rick James10 of 14
11. Columbus ShortSource:Columbus' Twitter 11 of 14
12. Whitney Houston12 of 14
13. Lindsay LohanSource:PR Photos 13 of 14
14. Charlie SheenSource:PR Photos 14 of 14
(Photo Source: Instagram)