Forget dumping ice buckets, dancing or planking, the latest viral phenomenon sweeping the internet consists of people standing still as part of the “mannequin challenge.”
Videos of the challenge feature posing as mannequins in dramatic postures. They began to appear late last month online and by last weekend everyone from high school cheerleaders in Texas to the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks had taken part.
The Pittsburgh Steelers even enlisted the media’s help in their version.
The challenge seems to have become a victory celebration of sorts for some teams. Texas Christian , Penn State and Clemson’s football teams posted mannequin challenges after big wins Saturday.
The videos are set to the song “Black Beatles” by rap duo Rae Sremmurd. The group has taken notice, holding a live version of the challenge during a concert last week.
Kind of cool, right?
The Funniest Viral Stars Of 2016
1. When you didn't Realize your Drink was SCORCHING HOT because it's been sitting in the sun all day!🔥🔥😳LoL TAG someone if you've been burned B4! @rawswagger @btkingsley @macthecreator #hot #heat #thirsty #burn #death #shock #nelly #HotInHere #donniemcclurkin #WeFallDownButWeGetUp #juhahnjonesSource:Instagram 1 of 8
2. Watching movies with MOMs be like......Source:Instagram 2 of 8
3. When you DO like the guy and he texts you some bs! W/ @simoneshepherd So, then the dude that you DO like texts you a half-ass greeting and you get geeked! 🙈🙄 #icant #guilty #ugotitBad#MrWrong vs #MrRight Do nice guys really finish last??? Smh... #KiyaRoberts #FunnyAndFitSource:Instagram 3 of 8
4. Had such a great time on the Ellen show!Thank You guys so much @theellenshowSource:Instagram 4 of 8
5. If anyone else does it....it's not okay but only when it's your best friend...the rules don't apply 😂😂😂 #TagYourFriend #YousA.... #JPVidsSource:Instagram 5 of 8
6. When she tells you to check your snap and it's not nudes 😔. W/ @gg_smilezSource:Instagram 6 of 8
7. RennySource:Instagram 7 of 8
8. Jay VersaceSource:Instagram 8 of 8