Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo shocked the hip-hop community when he died in a car crash last month. As the nation attempts to make some sense of the tragic accident, his cause of death has been released.
TMZ reports that the father of eleven died from blunt force trauma to the head, but also had painkillers on his person and smelled like alcohol. Apparently, the Fulton County Medical Examiner found a prescription bottle for Promethazine – but the bottle was instead filled with Percocet and Vicodin. TMZ reveals:
The rapper’s autopsy report reveals Shawty suffered the blunt force injuries to the head when he was ejected from his vehicle in a car crash last month. The Fulton County Medical Examiner also found a prescription bottle on him labeled “Promethazine” … which was actually filled with Percocet and Vicodin.
The medical examiner goes on to say Shawty’s body bag emitted a strong smell of alcohol when opened … but the official toxicology results are not in yet.
If you’ll recall, there were also two women in the car at the time of the accident. In a weird twist, TMZ reports police allowed the women to take money out of Shawty Lo’s pockets following his death.
Here’s another doozy … the medical examiner says 2 females were in the car with Shawty at the time of the crash, and asked cops on scene if they could take a bunch of cash out of his pockets. The cops allegedly let ’em do it … leaving behind around $16.
May he rest in peace.
Stolen Lives - Celebrity Accidental Deaths
1. Charmayne Maxwell1 of 23
2. Lisa LopesSource:AP 2 of 23
3. Paul WalkerSource:AP 3 of 23
4. Artist Jean-Michel Basquiat died at age 27 from a cocaine-heroin overdose. AP4 of 23
5. Whitney Houston died in February of this year at age 48 by drowning. (AP)5 of 23
6. Michael Jackson died from cardiac arrest caused from a lethal dose of propofol.6 of 23
7. Dinah Washington died at age 39 from an accidental overdose of Rx drugs. AP7 of 23
8. Gerald Levert died at age 40 of an overdose of Rx drugs. (AP)8 of 23
9. Amy Winehouse died in July of 2011 at age 27 of alcohol poisoning. (AP)9 of 23
10. Bruce Lee died in 1973 at the age of 33 from a reaction to a pain killer. (AP)10 of 23
11. Brandon Lee died in 1993 during the filming of 'The Crow' at age 28. (AP)11 of 23
12. Marilyn Monroe died in 1962 at age of 36 of a drug overdose. (AP)12 of 23
13. Jimi Hendrix died in 1970 at the age of 27 of a drug overdose. (AP)13 of 23
14. Rapper Chris Kelly of the group Kris Kross died of a suspected cocaine/heroine overdose in 2013. (AP)14 of 23
15. Russell Jones, aka Ol' Dirty Bastard, died in 2004 at age 35. (AP)15 of 23
16. Anna Nicole Smith died at age 39 from a Rx drug overdose. (AP)16 of 23
17. Rapper Chad Butler, aka Pimp C, died in 2007 at age 33 of a Rx overdose. (AP)17 of 23
18. Heath Ledger died in 2008 at age 28 of an accidental Rx overdose. (AP)18 of 23
19. Rob Pilatus of Milli Vanilli died in 1998 at age 33 of an overdose. (AP)19 of 23
20. DJ Screw's death was an accidental codeine overdose. (AP)20 of 23
21. Brittany Murphy died in 2009 at age 32 of mulitiple drug intoxication. (AP)21 of 23
22. Janis Joplin died in 1970 at the age of 27 of a herion overdose. (AP)22 of 23
23. Elvis Presley died in 1977 at age 42 of cardiac arrhythmia by years of drug use.23 of 23
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty