Serena Williams has achieved so much success in the world of tennis, it’s hard to imagine the sport without her.
But, after struggling with shoulder and knee problems throughout the entire year, the 22-time Grand Slam champion is refusing to put a date on her comeback. Serena, who gave up her world number one ranking to Angelique Kerber this month after losing in the US Open Semifinals, revealed to CNN, “I’m tired of playing tournaments unhealthy and taking losses that I would never lose. I definitely want to make sure I’m healthy and playing at my best or at least 80% healthy or 70% healthy that way I can be able to play at a higher level.”
Coach Patrick Mouratoglou spoke about her difficult season, saying, “It’s a bad year, there are many explanations but we have to learn and be better next year and that is definitely the goal. This is not satisfying at all.”
Serena now has her fashion line to occupy her time during a break from the sport. When asked if playing at the US Open is more difficult than planning a fashion show, she replied, “I don’t know. I think they are pretty equal. Fashion is probably a little easier I guess but at least in a grand slam I can control what happens.”
Serena still has three tournaments scheduled for the rest of 2016.
SOURCE: CNN | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Celebrity Siblings: Talent Runs in the Family
20 photos Launch gallery
1. LisaRaye McCoy is the older half-sister of rapper Da Brat; they share the same father.
1 of 20
2. Meagan and La'Miyah Good
2 of 20
3. jussie and Jurnee Smollett-Bell
Source:Jussie Smollett Instagram
3 of 20
4. Tennis Superstars Venus and Serena Williams.
4 of 20
5. Tracie Ellis Ross and Evan Ross are the children of Ms. Diana Ross.
5 of 20
6. Ray-J and Brandy have a close bond that's been displayed in music, TV, and film.
6 of 20
7. The Braxtons Toni, Tamar, Traci, Towonda and Trina have all gained celeb status.
7 of 20
8. Beyonce and Solange, the power sisters in music, fashion and film.
8 of 20
9. Tahj, Tia and Tamera have been famous since childhood.
9 of 20
10. Pop icon Grace Jones and Bishop Noel Jones are siblings.
10 of 20
11. Did you know Nia Long and comedian Sommore are half sisters.
11 of 20
12. Vanessa Williams shares those blue eyes with younger brother Chris.
12 of 20
13. Actors and brothers Steve and Wood Harris.
13 of 20
14. The famous music family includes Janet, Tito, Michael, Marlon, Jackie & Jermaine
14 of 20
15. Phylicia Rashad and Debbie Allen are sisters.
15 of 20
16. The Wayans Bros: Dwayne, Keenan Ivory, Kim, Damon, Marlon, and Shawn.
16 of 20
17. Funny guys Eddie and Charlie Murphy are brothers.
17 of 20
18. Funny men Chris Rock and Tony Rock, don't you see the resemblance?
18 of 20
19. The talented DeBarge family has been plagued with drugs, crime & death.
19 of 20
20. Brothers Rev Run, Russell and Danny Simmons.
20 of 20