Bounce queen Big Freedia will not serve any jail time, but was sentenced to three years probation in New Orleans on Thursday after pleading guilty to Section 8 fraud in March.
The entertainer, whose real name is Freddie Ross Jr., admitted she fraudulently accepted housing assistance vouchers during the time she was also collecting checks from a reality TV gig.
In her annual Section 8 “recertification” forms, she failed to disclose all income, reporting 0 income in 2010. She also failed to notify officials about changes with her finances. Had she done so, the government would have determined she earned too much money from her work as a musician under the stage name “Big Freedia” to remain eligible for the vouchers.
As part of her sentence, Freedia was ordered to pay $35,000 and perform 100 hours of community service, according to WDSU.
Celebs Who Hail From Louisiana
1. Wendell Pierce - New Orleans, LASource:PR Photos 1 of 21
2. Toya Wright- New Orleans, LouisianaSource:Instagram 2 of 21
3. Lil' Wayne- New Orleans, LouisianaSource:AP 3 of 21
4. Quvenzhané Wallis- Houma, LASource:PR Photos 4 of 21
5. Anthony Mackie- New Orleans, LouisianaSource:PR Photos 5 of 21
6. Rocsi Diaz- New Orleans, LouisianaSource:PR Photos 6 of 21
7. Paul Mooney- Shreveport, Louisiana7 of 21
8. Frank Ocean- Baton Rouge, Louisiana8 of 21
9. Randy Jackson- Baton Rouge, Louisiana9 of 21
10. J.R. Martinez- Shreveport, Louisiana10 of 21
11. Romeo and Master P- New Orleans, Louisiana11 of 21
12. Birdman- New Orleans, Louisiana12 of 21
13. Nnamdi Asomugha- Lafayette, Louisiana13 of 21
14. Ellen Degeneres- Metairie, Louisiana14 of 21
15. Marshall Faulk- New Orleans,15 of 21
16. Peyton Manning- New Orleans, Louisiana16 of 21
17. Garrett Morris- Morgan City, Louisiana17 of 21
18. Warrick Dunn- Baton Rouge, LA18 of 21
19. Reese Witherspoon- New Orleans, Louisiana19 of 21
20. Louis Armstrong- New Orleans, Louisiana20 of 21
21. Mystikal- New Orleans, Louisiana21 of 21