To say things boiled over at an Atlanta Town Hall on Tuesday (07-12-16) would be putting it mildly. Fortunately, actor/singer Tyrese stepped in to help tamp down the temperature between singer Lyfe Jennings and rapper/activist David Banner.
The two seemed to be on a collision course as they both rose to their feet in the midst of a shouting match that broke out as Jennings made it clear that he wasn’t down with Banner’s suggestion that the Black community consider taking up arms in defense against police. The packed house at the House of Hope Church in Decatur was on their feet as well before Tyrese separated the men and reminded them of the children in the room and the fact that it wasn’t a good look, to put it mildly.
“Boy, you sound crazy! You sound crazy!” Jennings said in reaction to Banner’s comment. “Ok, that’s fine. But that’s me. What we’re going through is crazy,” Banner, who also proposed financial repercussions, responded. Jennings immediately snapped back: “What we’re going through is crazy, but we ain’t going to create more of it by telling these people to bring f***ing guns against the police!”
The event, “Real Strategy for Change,” was hosted by comedian/radio show host Ricky Smiley and brought residents together to engage a panel of noted guests on the issue of police accountability.
Some of the speakers included daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Dr. Bernice King, Young Jeezy, 2 Chainz, DC Young Fly, ET from Durtty Boyz, Cariol Horne, and Rev. C.T. Vivian.
Following five nights of ATL protests, its focus was on bringing the community’s energy back to a solution based discourse. “We have got to find a way to get on one accord in our approach,” said Dr. King.
Fortunately, things ended well between Banner and Jennings. The two men reportedly shook hands before making their departure.
Famous Celebrity Feuds
1. Nicki Minaj & Azelea Banks1 of 21
2. Jay-Z & Trump2 of 21
3. Dionne Warwick & Aretha Franklin3 of 21
4. Kim Zolciak and Kenya Moore4 of 21
5. Keyshia Cole & Michelle Williams5 of 21
6. Rihanna & Ciara6 of 21
7. Michael Blackson & Kevin Hart7 of 21
8. Chris Brown & Drake8 of 21
9. Mariah Carey & Nicki Minaj9 of 21
10. Frank Ocean and Chris Brown10 of 21
11. Paris & Janet Jackson11 of 21
12. Rihanna & Karreuche12 of 21
13. Donald Trump & Bill Maher13 of 21
14. Katt Williams & Faizon Love14 of 21
15. Sean Penn & Wyclef Jean15 of 21
16. Phaedra Parks & Kenya Moore16 of 21
17. Beyonce & Keri Hilson17 of 21
18. Tyler Perry & Spike Lee18 of 21
19. Kim Kardashian & Amber Rose19 of 21
20. Star Jones & NeNe Leakes20 of 21
21. Grace Jones & Lady Gaga21 of 21
(Photo Source: Twitter, Instagram, PR Photos)