Apparently, Peter Thomas found out with the rest of us that his wife, Real Housewives of Atlanta star Cynthia Bailey is ready to sign those divorce papers. That’s gotta sting.
In a statement to Uptown Magazine, the Bar One owner claims he had no knowledge of his wife’s plans to go through with a divorce instead of working on their issues.
“On July 24th, Cynthia Bailey and I will be married six years, and for our entire marriage we have been a part of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Bravo TV’s most successful reality show. As a result, Cynthia and I have shared almost every aspect of our lives with the millions of RHOA fans. Viewers had a front row seat at our wedding, and watched as we worked to blend our families, personalities, and business ventures.
Most of the highs and too many of the lows in our relationship have been on display for public consumption and condemnation since we joined the cast in 2010. I say ‘we’ because Cynthia and I came as a package deal. We were in this together. And until July 5th, I thought we were in agreement about our separation until I was flooded with calls, text messages, direct messages, and emails from my closest friends and family members. They were concerned about my well-being after reading news stories and blog posts where my wife says, ‘We are just not going to be married anymore.’”
In terms of those leaked videos of Peter hugged up on another woman, he maintains his innocence. “I love Cynthia. I have never cheated on her. She knows this. I have never taken money from Cynthia. She knows this. I have never done anything, but love and defend my wife. She knows this too.”
He ends his statement accepting the fact that Cynthia’s decided to move on.
“When we got married, divorce was never an option, at least not for me. I am not sure where our relationship went left for her, or perhaps it was never really there. I’ve always been here for Cynthia, even though she is fiercely independent. I want her to be happy. I want her to win, and I am happy she has seemingly found peace. In the meantime, I will continue to distract myself by growing and expanding my businesses. Charlotte, North Carolina has been great to Peter Thomas and I am so appreciative to the Queen City for all their support. Bar One Atlanta will be opening before the end of 2016.”
You may recall Cynthia and Peter tying the knot on the show back in 2010, with Cynthia’s sister Mel and voicing their concerns (to say the least) about the marriage. We’ve seen the couple’s intense issues play out on camera, including financial woes and suspicions of infidelity.
Do you think Cynthia is right to call it quits with Peter, or should these two give love another try? Sound off in the comments below.
SOURCE: Uptown Magazine | IMAGE CREDIT: Getty
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike Epps
1 of 26
2. Dwayne Wade
2 of 26
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Honsou
3 of 26
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married...but as we know, it didn't work out.
4 of 26
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey
5 of 26
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.
6 of 26
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose
7 of 26
8. Kimora and Russell Simmons
8 of 26
9. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce
9 of 26
10. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.
10 of 26
11. 'All My Children' star and current guest star on 'Power' Debbi Morgan has been married...and divorced four times.
11 of 26
12. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.
12 of 26
13. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.
13 of 26
14. And we thought it would last - Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.
14 of 26
15. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O'Neal.
15 of 26
16. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven't remarried.
16 of 26
17. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it's been finalized...but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?
17 of 26
18. Jill Scott
18 of 26
19. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 2017
19 of 26
20. Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin
20 of 26
21. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown
21 of 26
22. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown
22 of 26
23. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs
23 of 26
24. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs
24 of 26
25. Usher & Grace Miguel
25 of 26
26. Usher & Grace Miguel
26 of 26
Peter Thomas Is “Blindsided” By Cynthia Bailey’s Divorce Claims was originally published on globalgrind.com