We see Marvel trying to get lit with adding more actors of color in their roster. In addition to Ryan Coogler’s upcoming Black Panther, Spider-Man: Homecoming has added Garcelle Beauvais to its cast, Deadline recently reported.
Although there’s no word on what role the 49-year-old actress will play in the blockbuster comic book franchise, we do know that she is amongst good (and diverse company) as she joins Donald Glover, Zendaya, Abraham Attah and Bokeem Woodbine, Shadow and Act pointed out. Beauvais is best known for roles in The Jamie Foxx Show and NYPD Blue and she currently serves as a co-host on Hollywood Today Live.
Spider-Man: Homecoming won’t be bringing back Tobey Maguire, their original Peter Parker, as this film will be a total reboot centering on Parker a teen, as he navigates both high school and fighting crime. The film is scheduled to hit theaters in July 2017.
Black Actresses You Need To Know
1. Amber Stevens WestSource:Amber Stevens West Instagram 1 of 13
2. Aja Naomi KingSource:Aja Naomi King Twitter 2 of 13
3. Alexandra ShippSource:Alexandra Instagram 3 of 13
4. Tessa ThompsonSource:PRPhotos.com 4 of 13
5. Teyonah ParisSource:PRPhotos.com 5 of 13
6. Logan BrowningSource:Logan Browning Instagram 6 of 13
7. Tika Sumpter7 of 13
8. Brely EvansSource:Brely Evans 8 of 13
9. Raven Goodwin9 of 13
10. Bresha Webb10 of 13
11. Gugu Mbatha-RawSource:PRPhotos.com 11 of 13
12. Lauren London12 of 13
13. Lauren London13 of 13
(Photo Source: Instagram)
Garcelle Beauvais Cast In ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com