With Shemar Moore gone from “Criminal Minds,” the show is in need of a new hottie – and producers have chosen actor Adam Rodriguez to fill the slot next fall.
Last seen on TV dubiously romancing Cookie Lyon on Fox’s “Empire,” Rodriguez will make his debut in the season 12 premiere of “Criminal Minds” as a special agent from the FBI Fugitive Task Force who joins the Behavioral Task Force, reports E!.
“We’re thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Adam Rodriguez to our amazing cast,” Erica Messer, “Criminal Minds” executive producer and showrunner, said in a statement. “We have exciting storylines planned for his character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 12th season.”
Rodriguez joins Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Matthew Gray Gubler, A.J. Cook and Kirsten Vangsness on the long-running procedural. Shemar Moore, who had been with the show since the beginning, left unexpectedly in season 11, saying he was looking to do new projects, but wouldn’t rule out returning to the show in a guest capacity.
In addition to “Empire,” Rodriguez also recently recurred on “Jane the Virgin.” He spent 11 seasons on “CSI: Miami” as Eric Delko.
Making History: Top 10 Richest Black Actors
1. Tyler Perry - estimated worth $450M1 of 10
2. Bill Cosby - estimated worth $380MSource:AP 2 of 10
3. Will Smith - estimated worth $240MSource:AP 3 of 10
4. Samuel L. Jackson - estimated worth $170MSource:PR 4 of 10
5. Morgan Freeman - estimated worth $150MSource:AP 5 of 10
6. Denzel Washington - estimated worth $140MSource:PR 6 of 10
7. Ice Cube - estimated worth $140MSource:PRPhotos.com 7 of 10
8. Martin Lawrence - estimated worth $110MSource:PR 8 of 10
9. LL Cool J - estimated worth $100MSource:AP 9 of 10
10. Eddie Murphy - estimated worth $85MSource:AP 10 of 10
(Photo Source: PR Photos)