Michael B. Jordan will reteam with his “Creed” director Ryan Coogler for Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actor joins Chadwick Boseman in the title role, and possibly Lupita Nyong’o, who is currently in talks to star as Black Panther’s love interest. It’s unclear who Jordan would play but one source told THR that it could be a villain.
Production is set to start in early 2017, toward a planned Feb. 2, 2018 release.
“Black Panther” will mark Jordan’s third film with Coogler, who is also writing the script. The duo’s first project together was the indie drama “Fruitvale Station.”
Jordan is currently developing a remake of “The Thomas Crowne Affair” as an acting vehicle. He will also produce the remake along with the Joe and Anthony Russo.
Making History: Top 10 Richest Black Actors
1. Tyler Perry - estimated worth $450M1 of 10
2. Bill Cosby - estimated worth $380MSource:AP 2 of 10
3. Will Smith - estimated worth $240MSource:AP 3 of 10
4. Samuel L. Jackson - estimated worth $170MSource:PR 4 of 10
5. Morgan Freeman - estimated worth $150MSource:AP 5 of 10
6. Denzel Washington - estimated worth $140MSource:PR 6 of 10
7. Ice Cube - estimated worth $140MSource:PRPhotos.com 7 of 10
8. Martin Lawrence - estimated worth $110MSource:PR 8 of 10
9. LL Cool J - estimated worth $100MSource:AP 9 of 10
10. Eddie Murphy - estimated worth $85MSource:AP 10 of 10
(Photo Source: PR Photos)