Michael Rainey Jr. is best known for his role on the hit Starz series, Power and for his role in The Butler as a young Forest Whitaker. As if the 15-year-old actor needed anything else to add to his accomplished resume, he can be seen in Orange Is The New Black and he currently stars as Ice Cube’s son in Barbershop: The Next Cut and has been acting since the age of eight.
He talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about his new Netflix film, being bumped up to series regular on Power and speaking Italian fluently.
On navigating through Hollywood since he was a kid:
“It’s just like a blessing. All of the stuff I worked on…it’s just a blessing working.”
On his new original film Amateur for Netflix:
“I start filming in May. It’s a basketball movie. I just can’t wait to start on that one.”
Power returns to televisions this summer and Barbershop: The Next Cut is in theaters now.
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
12 Black Actors You Need To Know
1. Corey HawkinsSource:Corey Hawkin's Facebook 1 of 12
2. Tone BellSource:Tone Bell Instagram 2 of 12
3. Andra FullerSource:Andre Fuller Instagram 3 of 12
4. Kendrick SampsonSource:PR Photos 4 of 12
5. Justin HiresSource:PR Photos 5 of 12
6. Jessie T. UsherSource:PR Photos 6 of 12
7. Jason MitchellSource:PR Photos 7 of 12
8. Elijah KellySource:PR Photos 8 of 12
9. Alfred EnochSource:PR Photos 9 of 12
10. John BoyegaSource:PRPhotos.com 10 of 12
11. Laroyce HawkinsSource:Laroyce Hawkins Instagram 11 of 12
12. O'shea JacksonSource:PRPhotos.com 12 of 12
(Photo Source: Courtesy)