Ben Carson wants Harriet Tubman on the $2 bill, instead of on $20, and Stacey Dash wants to take the black out of Prince’s legacy.
While the world continues to mourn the loss of one of our most iconic musicians – with every celebrity from Justin Timberlake to Shonda Rhimes releasing a message honoring Prince – Stacey Dash pissed of fans by implying that his blackness was second to his extraordinary talent.
“You didn’t look at him as a Black artist or an artist of any color; he was just Prince. His music just resonated with everyone, internationally,” she said, according to BET.
Many think Dash was implying that an artist can’t be black and universally loved. Folks took to Twitter to express that discontent over Dash’s statement.
Watch her talk about the time she snuck out of the house to see Prince in NYC above.
HUH?! Celebrities Say the Dumbest Things
1. Gilbert ArenasSource:AP 1 of 19
2. Kanye WestSource:AP 2 of 19
3. Matt DamonSource:PR 3 of 19
4. Naya RiveraSource:PR 4 of 19
5. Britney Spears5 of 19
6. Suge Knight6 of 19
7. Robert DeNiro7 of 19
8. Geraldo Rivera8 of 19
9. Rush Limbaugh9 of 19
10. Rashard Mendenhall on Osama Bin Laden:10 of 19
11. CeeLo Green11 of 19
12. Alec Baldwin12 of 19
13. Mitt Romney13 of 19
14. Kirk Cameron offended the gay community.14 of 19
15. Jamie Foxx made fun of Miley Cyrus on his radio show.15 of 19
16. Isaiah Washington offended a colleague as well as the gay community.16 of 19
17. Chris Brown used homophobic slurs and he just offends everyone.17 of 19
18. Tracy Morgan went a little crazy with his anti-gay rants.18 of 19
19. Mel Gibson deserves a dishonorable mention! He ain't prejudice, he hates everybody!19 of 19
(Photo Source: Fox News Youtube)