Elton John is never one to hold his tongue.
And he didn’t disappoint as Janet Jackson got caught in the crosshairs as John slammed the “Unbreakable” songstress and her live performances during an interview with Rolling Stone.
In his eyes, Jackson is guilty of lip-syncing, something he is passionately against when it comes to singers giving fans a great live show.
“You know, f–king music magazines writing a review of Janet Jackson saying, ‘This is the greatest show—four and a half stars.’ It’s f–king lip-synced! Hello! That’s not a show!” John says. “I’d rather go and see a drag queen. F–k off.”
Jackson is the latest entertainer to get on John’s bad side. The “Rocket Man” vocalist’s beef with Madonna has been well-documented as he went in on her for lip-syncing in 2004.
“Madonna, best live act? F–k off,” John said at the Q Awards. “Since when has lip-syncing been live? Sorry about that, but I think everyone who lip-syncs on stage in public when you pay like 75 quid to see them should be shot. Thank you very much. That’s me off her Christmas card list, but do I give a toss? No.”
As it stands now, there has been no response from Jackson regarding John’s comments.
The question is will she fire back or will she remain silent? Does John even have a point with how he feels about lip-syncing artists or is he full of hot air?
The National Anthem - Best & Worst Performances
1. BEST: Jennifer Hudson - Nailed it! 2009 Super Bowl. (Photo: Retna)1 of 15
2. BEST: Whitney Houston - Nailed it! - Super Bowl XXV in 1991 (Photo: AP)2 of 15
3. BEST: Monica Brown - Got It Right! - Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 in 20143 of 15
4. WORST: Christina Aguilera - flubbed the lyrics at Super Bowl 45 in 2011. (Photo: AP)4 of 15
5. BEST: Beyonce - Nailed it! Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2004. (Photo: Retna)5 of 15
6. WORST: Keri Hilson met with some major booing after messing up the song at a Lakers game. (Photo: Retna)6 of 15
7. WORST: Steven Tyler - butchered the song at the AFC Championship game in Massachusetts earlier this year. (AP)7 of 15
8. BEST: Mariah Carey - Nailed it! Super Bowl 2002. (AP)8 of 15
9. WORST: Roseanne Barr butchered the song at a 1990 San Diego Padres game, which sent the crowd into a frenzy. (AP)9 of 15
10. BEST: Fergie got some high praise for her performance of the National Anthem for Monday Night Football in September-2011.10 of 15
11. WORST: Michael Bolton had the lyrics written on his hand and still managed to mess up. Fenway Park - 2003. (Photo: AP)11 of 15
12. BEST: Kelly Rowland -Nailed it! Bears vs. Giants in October 2010. (Photo: Retna)12 of 15
13. WORST: R. Kelly was booed by a Las Vegas audience at a boxing match in 2005 for his rendition of the Anthem. (Photo: Retna)13 of 15
14. BEST: Kelly Clarkson - Nailed it! Super Bowl XLVI. (Photo: AP)14 of 15
15. WORST: Scotty McCreery flubbed the lyrics while singing the National Anthem for the World Series in 2011. (Photo: AP)15 of 15
(Photo Source: AP/Janet Jackson Instagram)