It’s no secret that despite what critiques you may have had about Toni Braxton‘s biopic, she and the network are definitely breathing easy as its success.
Bringing in more than 3.6 million viewers last week, the Toni’s life story set a record high for the network as well as open up a few old wounds, something that the seven-time Grammy award winning singer can now talk about.
In addition to battling Lupus, getting divorce and raising a son with Autisim, she had to file for bankrupty twice (which many blame LaFace executives, Pebbles, Kenny ‘Babyface’ Edmonds and L.A. Reid) Toni sued her former label and won, forcing her two mentors to pay a whopping $22 million.
While some would have taken the money and run, Toni stayed with LaFace and even continued her working relationship with Babyface. It’s obvious she held no ill will, but should she have distanced herself?
With the news of the biopic’s record shattering numbers, Toni took Instagram to pour out her heart to Pebbles and LA Ried, thanking them for their support.
See Pebbles’ response below.
Could you continue working with the same people that had a hand in you losing all your money?
Super-Sized: Huge Celebrity Families
1. The SandersSource:Instagram 1 of 15
2. The Jakes'Source:PR Photos 2 of 15
3. The Jolie-Pitts3 of 15
4. The Kardashian's & Jeter'sSource:Instagram 4 of 15
5. The Smith'sSource:PR Photos 5 of 15
6. The Crews'Source:PR Photos 6 of 15
7. The BraxtonsSource:PR Photos 7 of 15
8. The Simmons'Source:PR Photos 8 of 15
9. The Harris'Source:Instagram 9 of 15
10. The Murphy'sSource:PR Photos 10 of 15
11. The Peete'sSource:PR Photos 11 of 15
12. The Ross FamilySource:PR Photos 12 of 15
13. The JacksonsSource:PR Photos 13 of 15
14. The Combs FamilySource:Instagram 14 of 15
15. (some of) The Wayans'Source:Instagram 15 of 15
(Photo Source: PR Photos, Pebbles Twitter)