Devon Franklin talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about his new film, Woodlawn, the faith based film that tells the story of Tony Nathan, a star running back for Birmingham’s Woodlawn Colonels football team who went on to play at the University of Alabama and for the Miami Dolphins.
The film depicts how a spiritual revival broke out among the Woodlawn football team that spread to other schools and through the city, helping bring profound racial unity to Birmingham.
Woodlawn debuted in theaters October 16 and brought in $4.1 million opening weekend.
“We beat our industry expectations by double and we got an A+ score. We’re just excited that the movie is doing well,” Franklin said.
On playing a Pastor in the film:
“It wasn’t that far of a stretch. This is the first time I’ve ever been in front of the camera as an actor. So it was scary. What really helped me was that I had my incredible wife there so she gave me some acting help.”
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Newlywed Bliss: Celebrity Couples Married Less Than Five Years
1. Crystal Renay and NeyoSource:Instagram 1 of 16
2. The BridgesSource:Eudoxie Instagram 2 of 16
3. The Timberlake'sSource:PR Photos 3 of 16
4. The Howard'sSource:PR Photos 4 of 16
5. The Perego'sSource:Facebook 5 of 16
6. The WestsSource:AP 6 of 16
7. The Williams'Source:AP 7 of 16
8. The Ferguson'sSource:Solange Instagram 8 of 16
9. The Weatherspoon'sSource:Kelly Instagram 9 of 16
10. The LawsonsSource:Solange Instagram 10 of 16
11. The Asomugha'sSource:Twitter 11 of 16
12. The Gross'Source:Lance Gross Instagram 12 of 16
13. The LegendsSource:Chrissy Teigen Instagram 13 of 16
14. The WadesSource:Gabrielle Instagram 14 of 16
15. The Ross'Source:Evan Ross Instagram 15 of 16
16. The TuckersSource:Kandi Instagram 16 of 16
(Photo Source: Courtesy)