A Georgia couple whose own children tried to kill them two weeks ago says they love and forgive their sons. Yvonne and Zachery Ervin say that despite the serious injuries that they sustained when their 17-year-old son, Cameron, and his 22 year-old brother, Christopher tried to kill them after drugging them and attempting to blow up their home, they love them unconditionally.

The New York Daily News reports:

“Those were not our boys that did that to us,” Yvonne Ervin told WSB-TV. “We did not raise them that way.”

“We understand there are consequences for what they did.They understand that, but we’re just praying the world forgives them in the same way we forgive them.”

The couple attended a hearing at the Gwinnett County Court where they were once again face to face with their sons. They said they harbor no ill will toward them.

“We forgive our sons, we love them unconditionally,” Zachery Ervin said. “We have to make sure that they understand that to strengthen themselves.”

One of the sons told police he’d been plotting his parent’s murder for years but the Ervins would not disclose any possible motive for their son’s attack.

Find Out What Your Favorite Celebs Did On Instagram (09/01-09/07)

23 thoughts on “Georgia Parents Whose Sons Tried To Kill Them Say They Love And Forgive Them [VIDEO]

1. I would love them but hate the evil inside their souls and pray they forgive themselves. Until they ask for forgiveness, it is useless for the parents to consider. Those boys have serious, serious problems and if it weren’t the parents at the end of their horror, it would certainly be someone else, without a doubt. What will they say except they forgive them is my question?

2. Elizabeth on said:

The parents forgive their sons. God is the judge of man not me. I sincerely pray this family heals. The parents don’t have to worry about their sons fixing any more dinners for a long time. I am hopeful the 17 year old is tried as an adult. The brothers could have left the home and made their own way in the world. But they chose hurting their own parents and prison.

3. Timothy Green on said:

Peter please put doen your meth pipe, nowhere was race even bought up in this discussion until your ignorant ass popped up, please go back to sleeping with your sister & leave the discussion boards free for intelligent arguments

4. All I know is my child or no. If my child/children did some crap like that to me, I would want to see his/her arse punished to the highest extent of the law. That’s called tough love. Forgiving them…I would have to pray hard and over the years may forgive them but would never forget. Would never want them around me.

5. We are to forgive one another, says the Lord. They can wholeheartedly and genuinely forgive their sons for attempted murder, however that doesn’t mean that they have forgotten the horror they suffered at the hands of children they birth and raised. I pray that the Lord will have mercy on their souls, because they will need it. It’s up to the State Prosecutor to get justice for the parents.

6. specialt757 on said:

No doubt these parents would forgive their children. The world sees them as animals but these parents see them as their babies and shared great and fond memories before the murder attempts. Hopefully, they can get to the bottom of what caused these degenerates to go over the edge and attempt murder, something caused them to snap.
    With that being said these kids need to be brought to justice and held to the highest punishment allowed. They get no pass for being stupid, they deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law. Murder should not have been their best choice.

7. swife@gmail.com on said:

There are very few parents who won’t forgive their kids for basically ANYTHING. It doesn’t mean you condone their behavior, but I don’t know many parents who’d turn their back on their kids, even after the committing the most heinous crimes. Whether they are hiding anything or not, their children are ADULTS and no longer had to endure anything that they may consider as a bad childhood. They are responsible for their crimes and should pay accordingly, despite anything that MAY have happened in their youth. As far as I’m concerned, they were two spoiled brats who wanted to speed up their inheritance.

• I agree with you, there not many parents who would not forgive their children no matter what they did. I don’t know if something happened in their childhood or not ( I doubt it) some kids are just bad as hell. They wanted that insurance money period.

8. The parents are hiding something. Why would you forgive anyone who beat you up, tried to blow up your house with you in it, stabbed you and tried to drug you. First thing I would have said was my kids are crazy and I don’t want them near me. They have never said that. And you have one saying I have been plainning this since he was 11 years old. The parents are hiding something.

• swife@gmail.com on said:

At the end of the day, there are very few parents who won’t forgive their kids for basically ANYTHING. It doesn’t mean you condone their behavior, but I don’t know many parents who’d turn their back on their kids, even after the committing the most heinous crimes. Whether they are hiding anything or not, their children are ADULTS and no longer had to endure anything that they may consider as a bad childhood. They are responsible for their crimes and should pay accordingly, despite anything that MAY have happened in their youth. As far as I’m concerned, they were two spoiled brats who wanted to speed up their inheritance.

9. shayshay on said:

I hope these boys are talking with therapists so that the real reason for the hate of their parents is exposed. Something has been going on in that household and the parents are behind it. The parents better hope that they don’t get out because I think they would finish the job this time.

10. Timothy Green on said:

I don’t know what type of shit these 2 parents smoking but they definitely need to step into reality, one of your kids has been plotting to kill you since he was 11!?!?! .. they drugged you, then made numerous different attempts to kill you … your response to this entire situation sounds highly suspicious, what skeletons are hiding in this families closet??