PLAY AUDIO

Sonja Warfield is the the author of the provocatively titled Big Fat Negro Get Your Lazy Ass Off My Couch, about a woman’s guide to getting rid of her deadbeat husband, boyfriend or boo thing of any ethnicity, though it appears she has some experience with men of the African-American persuasion, given the title. That was the story of her and her friends, but she says being trifling cuts across all racial lines.

“It could be a big drunk redneck who needs to get out of your double-wide,” Warfield says. “It could be a cold-blooded WASP who needs to get his flat ass off of your sofa. You can insert the ethnicity into the title.”

Warfield says she got sick of a culture that rewards women for being part of a couple, no matter how lacking in ambition or work ethic the male part of that couple might be.

“I was sick and tired of hearing about trifling men and the women who put up with their crap. In our society its better to be apart of a couple than to be alone,” Warfield says. ‘Women who have multiple degrees or degrees from Harvard still putting up with men who don’t treat them properly. We put up with it because its better to have the title of wife or girlfriend than to be alone. We got to stop putting up with it and ask for more.”

Warfield says there are some men come with their “D” game and that’s a problem. An example is when a man asks you out via text message.

“I’m not something you order on Amazon,” she says. “I’m a person. If you set those sort of precedents and standards, you’re going to settle for that D kind of behavior. If your child gets a “D” on a report card and they don’t have a learning disability you’re going to demand that he do better.”

Another example is men who stand you up. If that’s the behavior he’s leading with, he’s not interested in you – or worse, that’s his habitual way of dealing with people.

“We don’t have to send out Amber Alerts or put a face on a milk carton to search for a missing man,” says Warfield. “He’s not thinking of me, clearly, because he stood me up.”

Warfield says that a grass-roots movement is needed to stop this behavior and that she advocates women go on strike – by refusing to perform oral sex.

“My grandfather worked for Republic Steel. Sometimes they would have to go on strike to show the boss that they are valued, that they need to pay them more, that they need to treat them better,” says Warfield.

This needs to be, Warfield says, a national effort. We’ll see it it takes off.

Click the link above to hear the entire interview.

Find Out What Your Favorite Celebs Did On Instagram (09/01-09/07)

15 thoughts on “Jacque Reid Talks To Author Of ‘Big Fat Negro Get Your Lazy A** Off My Couch’; Says Women Should Boycott Blow Jobs

1. jacqueline perry on said:

I think black men are looking for women whom can take care of them.when the man should be the provider for his family and not the woman.black folk we got it all backwards.reason i remain single.refuse to take care of a man.man suppose to marry me and take me into his home.black women are desperate why men make them the provider and they seldom marry them.black man dont have enough demands put on him by the woman.

2. Timekeeeper on said:

Not about degrading Black Men?? Cut thru the Bj Topic? That is real funny. And this is not disparaging> Give me a break. I heard of sugar coating, but, DAMN!
    It kinda reminds me though of how white fokks react whenever there is racism. They always ask “ Is it really that bad. Why, because it never affects or is about them. Same thing here.
    We throe men completely under the bus and then say “ It isn’t about degrading them. How ironic that some sisters on this post sound just like my white high school friends who think it is okay to speak out of the left side of their moth and it is supposed to be okay.
    Well, I guess if it isn’t about women its open season, I guess. Not that I expect some to see the other side, but just so you know that there is one.
    Another Side.

• Rob Davis on said:

Oh lord,will you please stop blaming the white man for everything. If you slipped on a banana peel you would blame the white people I’m sure.

• Timekeeeper on said:

Sounds like you have already slip on the banana peel and bumped your head Rob. You complete missed my whole [point. But n that’s understandable when you have a one track mind.

3. Nefertati on said:

My impression from the author and the book is that it’s more about women’s empowerment that degrading black men, or men in general. Whereas most of us commenting here may not fall into the categories mentioned by the author, we have to be honest, there are a lot of guys, men, whatever you want to call them still out there who want more than they give. I applaud Jacque for discussing risque topics. The world is not all rosy. It’s time for us to take a good long look at our culture. Better to have an open dialogue than sweep it under the rug.

4. Amy Steward on said:

just as Susan replied I am amazed that anyone can earn $4376 in one month on the computer . view website
    ……… TIMES-REPORT.­Ⅽ­O­Ⅿ

5. Donna on said:

I think the main thing the author was trying to say was that women deserve good treatment and they shouldn’t put up with bad behavior (being stood up, allowing a guy to ask her out by text instead of calling her) just to be in a relationship. I think if you cut through the BJ topic, that was mainly what she was getting at – women deserve good treatment and shouldn’t accept less.

6. As a woman, i cringed hearing this interview this morning… the “author” sounded so trite and bitter; no wonder she has issues with men. I’m glad Tom and Jay mocked her endlessly and didn’t buy in to this divisive dialogue. I agree with Timekeeper, all new low for Jacque.

7. She needs to come to my area since it’s the women who need to get their fat negro lazy a** off our couches. Three areas now and I see the men hustling at McDonalds to pay bills while the women stay on welfare watching tv, do nothing but expect a man to pay or meet at walmart to shop with no money. They meet there with their GF’s like white people meet at Starbucks.

As far as blow jobs I never got why men love them… if I just wanted blow jobs or anal I just be gay. No no my friend… a womans body is beautifully made, well majority :), so why not enjoy something only a woman can give you?

8. Joy2 on said:

It sounds as though this book is a bit of a parody. Common sense dictates that all men aren’t dawgs. But a lot of women will attest to the fact that they’ve encountered a dawg, or 2, or 3, or 4 in their life times. LOL LOL There are lots of good men out here……but in lots of instances they are already taken

9. Timekeeeper on said:

very time I think Jacque Reid cannot o any lower, she descends another step closer into the depths of Hell. Listening to tis woman, she sounded like a juvenile, retarded adolescent of about 14 years old who simply cannot stand boys. And the fact that she says it isn’t about black men but uses the word “Negro”?
    I know male bashing has become popular ( almost like baseball and peanuts these days) but her generalizing and stereotyping along with Jacque Reid giving her legitimacy by putting her on the airs shows it doesn’t matter if you are 15 or 50. If you have hat in your heart, go somewhere and get on your knees Or just admit you like women.

• Come to think of it, I cant remember a single positive story about men. Well, it is inside “HerStory”. I remember a couple coming on trying to sell a book and he was soooo marginalized.