There is no mom out there, busy or not, who doesn’t appreciate a few shortcuts that will help them save time and energy. Thank goodness we’ve found the answer for you working mothers with no time to spare. Hamburger Helper offers dinner shortcuts, without cutting out the scrumptious flavor and quality. Your kid will rush to the dinner table once they catch a whiff of these three quick, easy and delicious meals!
From tacos, hashbrowns to mini pies, your little one will be way too excited for supper and your husband will never know that you didn’t slave away in the kitchen. All you need to make these at-home masterpieces are Cheesy Hashbrowns, Cheesy Enchilada and Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper boxes and the following recipes. Remix these classic meals for instant rave reviews from your kids.
Tacos are already a kid-favorite, but once they see how you serve up these quick and portable tacos, they will never want a regular taco again!
Not only are these exciting to serve, but they’re even more exciting for your kid to help you make them. Open up a small bag of your favorite tortilla chips, top with the taco toppings of your choice and feel free to let your kid roam around the house, or not (we know you’re trying to keep your home clean)!
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 cup milk
2 cups hot water
15 snack-size bags nacho cheese-flavored chips
Shredded Mexican cheese blend, shredded lettuce and salsa, if desired
This delicious meal is so versatile. Whether you’re eating this hashbrown skillet for breakfast or dinner, one thing is certain: it’s bound to be your new favorite dish.
With 30 minutes from stove to table, the speedy meal allows you to save time on prepping and cooking, but it will taste like you spent all day in the kitchen. You and your kid will certainly appreciate that you didn’t!
1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef or ground Italian pork sausage
1 2/3 cups hot water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 to 2 cups baby spinach leaves
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
Additional salt and ground black pepper, if desired
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown; drain. Stir in hot water, butter, salt and potatoes (from Hamburger Helper box). Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium; press potato mixture evenly with back of spatula. Cook uncovered 6 minutes, without stirring, until liquid is absorbed. Add spinach to skillet; stir until spinach is wilted slightly. Use spatula to make four holes in mixture; crack 1 egg into each hole. Cover; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until eggs until whites and yolks are firm, not runny and potatoes are crispy. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix milk and topping mix (from Hamburger Helper box).
- Remove from heat. Top eggs with cheese, salt and pepper. Serve with topping mixture.
Serving your kid mini versions of their favorite foods is a sure-fire way to have them clear their plates every single time. These chili & cheese mini pasta pies pack a powerful punch in each bite.
Here’s the best part: your child will want to bring these to school for lunch the next day and as a busy mom, you’ve got to take your mini triumphs where you can!
1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain. Stir in chili powder. Stir in hot water and milk, sauce mix and uncooked pasta (from Hamburger Helper box). Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 14 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; uncover. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 5 1/2-inch round. Firmly press 1 biscuit in bottom and up side of each of 8 ungreased jumbo muffin cups, forming 1/4-inch rim. Fill with macaroni mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Loosen edges with knife; remove from muffin cups.