Less than a year after being promoted, ‘Ebony’ Editor-In-Chief and Florida A&M Alum, Mitzi Miller is stepping down from her coveted position.
HBCU Buzz reports:
Last April, Johnson Publishing Company appointed Miller to editor-in-chief of Ebony Magazine following the departure of Amy DuBois Barnett. Prior to her role at Ebony, Miller spent over three years as the editor-in-chief of Jet Magazine where she revamped the iconic 63-year-old brand with a successful cover-to-cover redesign, re-launched the Jet website and increased social media presence. Miller exits the company after a historic four-year run, making her the only individual to hold both prestigious editor-in-chief positions since company founder John H. Johnson.
Miller had this to say about her departure from one of the most iconic magazines in African American history.
“I’ve always subscribed to the principle of living in the present and remaining open to all of life’s opportunities, says Miller. So I believe that now is an exciting time to start a new chapter in my life. It will always be an honor to have been a part of the Johnson Publishing Company legacy. Having served as the editor-in-chief for two of the oldest and most successful African American publications, I take pride in the issues the team was able to explore and expose to the readers. And now, I look forward to continuing to tell our dynamic stories in a new way with my next venture.”
We wish Mitzi all the best in her newest television and film ventures.
Celebrity CEO's: Stars Who Run Their Own Business Empires
1. Nicki MinajSource:Nicki Minaj Tumblr 1 of 16
2. Will SmithSource:PR Photos 2 of 16
3. Justin TimberlakeSource:AP 3 of 16
4. Mary Kate & Ashley OlsenSource:Instagram 4 of 16
5. Dr. DreSource:PR Photos 5 of 16
6. Tyra BanksSource:AP 6 of 16
7. OprahSource:AP 7 of 16
8. Birdman8 of 16
9. Tamar BraxtonSource:Instagram 9 of 16
10. Kim KardashianSource:PR Photos 10 of 16
11. Jay ZSource:AP 11 of 16
12. Jessica SimpsonSource:PR Photos 12 of 16
13. RihannaSource:AP 13 of 16
14. BeyonceSource:Tumblr 14 of 16
15. LalaSource:Instagram 15 of 16
16. DiddySource:Instagram 16 of 16
(Photo Source: Mitzi Miller’s Twitter)