PLAY AUDIO

PLAY AUDIO

Comedian Adele Givens says Sheryl Underwood is a ‘damn lie.” That’s after reports that The Talk star and comedian revealed as her ‘secret’ on the daytime show that she was once considered to join the ‘Queens of Comedy’ tour. Underwood said that she got on a conference call without Givens comedian Laura Hayes and Sommore knowing she was on the line.

Underwood said she heard them talking about her appearance and her talent and not in a good way but that she never let the other women know she was on the call. She says she worked with both years later without saying anything. Underwood considered it it her ‘aha’ moment and says that she took it as constructive criticism to improve herself, even though it hurt.

But Givens says it never happened. So what was Underwood thinking?

“I have no clue, this woman has her own version of what’s going on. She started off with a big ol’ elaborate lie. Walter [Lathan, the man behind the ‘Queens of Comedy’] put out a statement,” Givens says. Lathan said that Underwood was never even in the running for the tour.

“Everybody just assumed she was telling the truth. I think everybody got caught up in this inspirational moment. I was crying myself until someone tapped me on the shoulder and said ‘She’s talking about you.’

Givens can’t understand why Underwood would tell what she says is an elaborate lie. She says she hasn’t talked to Underwood since December, when they did ‘Herlarious’ in Las Vegas together. Givens says that she couldn’t get Underwood out of her dressing room and that even they hung out together after the show.

But when Tom suggests that the group use the publicity to remount a Queen of Comedy tour, Givens is skeptical.

1 2Next page »

44 thoughts on “EXCLUSIVE: Adele Givens Says Sheryl Underwood Is A Liar! [LISTEN]

1. I love each and every one of these Black icons!

All this noise about a phone call — Talk about divide and conquer! QOC was YEARS AND YEARS go — it is time for them to get together, squash all this nonsense and empower women (and men) like they did years ago QOCI with WISDOM & LAUGHTER!

2. If you think Sheryl Underwood wouldn’t LIE, let me share this with you. She used to sign off all her comedy shows on TV with a salute to our mutual sorority which galled me since her material was a little trashy. I remember being pregnant with my ONLY child, who will be 41 on Christmas eve 2014, strangely Sheryl claims to be only 50. Now that’s “A LYING WONDER” for you. I’m proud to be 65, lots of people didn’t make it this far. I guess shew took a page from the Jack Benny page of comedy, because 50 sure is a joke.

3. Lila Davis on said:

Sheryl Shreveport, LA believes you. We love you, and you make the Talk worth watching. I watch it everyday because of you. When one door close, many more open, and you were let in. Oppositions will follow you through life. Keep doing what you are doing. First class lady!

4. Here’s the problem with Adele’s statement. First. If she Sheryl wasn’t in the running then why would she be on the call to begin with? You only ask someone to be on a call if they ARE in the running for a job. Second she never said she was a QOC she said she was being considered ad turned it down after she heard the comments. So she didn’t lie….

5. msstarr82 on said:

i believe sheryl!! not a one of these chicks can diss anyone’s looks cause nobody is a dime in that department. i think sommore is quiet because it’s true and she is not proud of her behavior. teeth and hair have no shame, maturity, or class as is indicated by their immature and petty reactions. teeth made a complete fool of herself on tjms.

6. Ms Stacy on said:

First of all the Queens of Comedy tour was almost 15 years ago! Geez it’s a bit late to bring up an overheard phone call. There is no way to pin point who is lying or not. This mess is too old. Who’s going to remember details being apart of a phone call almost 15 years ago? According to Adele Sheryl wasn’t even in the running to be apart of the tour if Mr Latham can verify that. Then what Adele is saying could have some truth to it. Also Oscar winner MoNique was apart of the tour.

7. deona coleman on said:

I believe Sheryl first because the woman that she talking about all thought that Sheryl was beneathe them and she wa to dark and ugly. Be we see now who ugly and not cute there all hve ugly ways they started mking a little money. And started acting like they was better then Sheryl well Sheryl making millions and they. Still making a few thousand dollars

8. First of all, I 100% believe with Sheryl Underwood!!! If Sheryl wouldn’t have never told her side of the story on “The Talk”, we wouldn’t be hearing a peep from neither Adele Givens or Ms. Laura!! If anything, Adele & Ms. Laura should be thanking Sheryl, because she has made them relevant again!! It’s funny how these 2 are refuting Sheryl’s claims, but Sommore has yet to speak on the matter!! Why would Sheryl lie? She’s on contract with a major network (CBS) as a talk show host (making lots of money), do you really think she would compromise ALL OF THAT JUST TO LIE???? Also, Sommore’s hosting LHHATL reunions on VH1 & BET’s Comicview, so she’s collecting lots of checks as well (which will probably explain why Sommore isn’t speaking on the matter cause she doesn’t have to)!!! Of all the ladies involved in this “backbiting fest,” Sheryl Underwood is the one who’s winning (I’m sure CBS Studios is paying her really good), she had a steady day-to-day gig that attracts millions of viewers, she’s hosts her own segment “What’s Bothering Sheryl” on the Steve Harvey Morning Show, & she’s president of the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority. The best revenge is success!

9. I believe Sheryl 100%, because there is no reason for anyone to start problems for themselves unless they are telling the truth and can back the claim up. Ms Givens is trying way to hard to explain or complain about what was said and even seems to be topping her comment off with a little threat! Sheryl said they didn’t know she was listening so how can see say that Sheryl didn’t hear her and the others. This could only bring grief for Sheryl for having to hold this in for so long so I’ll bet it was a heavy load taken off of her shoulders and she has forgiven them and has moved on to better things, so Adele you do the same!

10. I believe Sheryl too. However, exposing the names did open up a can of worms. The accused need to understand that Sheryl was not trying to make them look bad. She simply was demonstrating how to make lemonade out of lemons. Learn from this please. I love all of you.

11. Sisters we do not need this, there are more important matters at hand; unemployment, killing of our black men, black on black crime, education, health issues etc, . Get Real.

12. I believe what Sheryl said because Sheryl is NOT a stupid woman, and she does not need publicity (hint, hint, Adele). And Adele said last week she was going to sue, now it’s I “may” sue, or do something else. Sounds like someone can’t stand hearing the truth.

13. I believe Sheryl told the truth. It is not like her to lie. I don’t believe Adele commented on Sheryl or Miss Hayes. All of them didn’t know she was on the phone. What point does Sheryl have to lie about what was done? She proved that she was a woman that got hurt and went on to forgive them and still associated with them. I believe Sommore might have said something because she never commented to defend herself. Or I take that as it did happen. And they didn’t know she chimed in and was so caught up in conversation they ran they mouth just like they usually do. And if it was not true then why has not the producer of the tour said anything in defense of what Sheryl had said? Common petty stuff. Sheryl did not say that Adele said anything directly. She never pin pointed who said what about her. She just happen to overhear a conversation between the three of them. So she never pointed put who said what. So there is no defamation of character involved.

14. Ditto on all the errors in most articles! When you know better, please try to do better otherwise it appears like your staff doesn’t care.

15. I wasn’t on the conference call so I couldn’t tell you lying or telling the truth I wish these funny get together and harsh this issue private….and I that I have to say … Joe Clark

16. I don’t believe Sheryl would come up with something like this after so many years. I think Adele is lying. I can just hear the three of them talking. And as for Queens of Comedy, I know people in my block that are funnier than they were. No class..except Monique…she is cool.

17. LadySilverfox on said:

Adele, forget Sheryl. Bring back THE QUEENS OF COMEDY. You, Miss Laura and Somore are funnier than hell!! Turn that lemon into lemonade.

18. Marilyn Jax on said:

I hate this so much. All the women are funny in their own way. I don’t know if anyone is telling the whole truth, but the lesson was important. She probably should have left out names wuthout telling them first.

19. Stacy Wells Murray on said:

Adele is still talking about this? I thought her supposed “attorney” advised her not to talk about it. Hey Adele Gives, you came from obscurity, now go back into obscurity. It is apparent that you are trying to drag this as far as you possibly can, and to keep alive for as long a you can. You are desperate for the publicity and everyone can see that. No one knows who you are. I certainly did not know who you are. Just shut up and go back into the hole from whence you crawled out of. By continuing to talk about this, you are just succeeding in making yourself look like a desperate ass.

20. Teresser jones on said:

I believe Sheryl. Those hoes should be thanking her and kissing her ass. They we’re has beens washed up FROGOTTEN ABOUT!!! Shery did those hoes a favor by mentioning their names. Shut up and count your blessing BITCHES

21. seriously on said:

It is simply not that serious. These are grown women who cares who don’t like you or who said what about you…Underwood was a fool to stop her income because someone was talking behind her back..I would not miss a penny of my potential income on this juvenile shyt. They don’t have to like her along as you do not effect my income, could care less…And Givens and the others should have never addressed this truth or not…You all sound childish, petty and foolish.

• I second that! Like Tom said, they could have taken this opportunity and had their 10 minutes of fame! They know they said it, they could have all went on The Talk, gave Sheryl an apologetic wig and everyone would have laughed.

22. Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

23. Cut into steaks, the ribeye is very popular selection for the grill. However, some Texas recipes call for a different type of balsamic vinegar. Steak should be cut across the grain of the meat for best results.

24. With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My blog has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being ripped off? I’d definitely appreciate it.