WASHINGTON (AP) — LeBron James’ return to Cleveland potentially complicates Republicans’ plan to nominate their 2016 presidential pick there.
The NBA star announced Friday that he would play again for the Cleveland Cavaliers, a team where he spent seven seasons. In doing so, James adds uncertainty to the GOP’s plans to use the Cavaliers’ arena to crown their presidential nominee.
Earlier this week, the Republican National Committee tapped Cleveland as its host city and eyed two options for starting dates: June 28 or July 18, 2016.
Should the James and the Cavaliers make it to post-season play, that June date might be impossible. Games would be taking place as organizers should be hanging bunting and balloons.
A spokeswoman for the RNC did not immediately return messages.
Famous, Black, & Republican
1. Donnie Mcclurkin is a registered Republican. (PR)1 of 22
2. Condoleeza Rice is a registered RepublicanSource:PR 2 of 22
3. Colin Powell served as U.S. Secretary of State under President George W. BushSource:PR 3 of 22
4. Stacey Dash supports Mitt RomneySource:YouTube Screenshot 4 of 22
5. Zora Neale Hurston was a supporter of the Republican Party for much of her life5 of 22
6. 50 Cent is a registered Republican. (PR)Source:PR 6 of 22
7. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a registered Republican.Source:The Rock Instagram 7 of 22
8. "Divorce Court" judge, Lynn Toler, is black and Republican.8 of 22
9. Jimmie "JJ" Walker is a registered Republican. (PR)9 of 22
10. Sheryl Underwood is a registered Republican. (PR)10 of 22
11. Don King is a registered Republican. (PR)11 of 22
12. Karl Malone is a registered Republican. (PR)12 of 22
13. Bishop T.D. Jakes is a registered Republican. (AP)13 of 22
14. Joseph C. Phillips is a registered Republican.14 of 22
15. Wilt Chamberlain is a registered Republican. (AP)15 of 22
16. Greg Anthony supports Mitt Romney.16 of 22
17. Omarosa Manigault serves under the Trump Administration17 of 22
18. Tony Dungy18 of 22
19. Mike Tyson19 of 22
20. Shaquille O'Neal20 of 22
21. Charles Barkley21 of 22
22. Joseph C. Phillips22 of 22
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: AP)