ATLANTA (AP) — The husband of a “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star has been sentenced to eight years in prison after pleading guilty to federal fraud charges.
Federal prosecutors said Tuesday that 35-year-old Apollo Nida was also ordered to pay restitution to victims of a $2.3 million scheme during his sentencing hearing in U.S. District Court in Atlanta. Nida is the husband of Phaedra Parks, one of the reality show’s stars. He pleaded guilty May 6 to conspiring to commit mail, wire and bank fraud.
Prosecutors say Nida and co-conspirators since 2009 had stolen checks and used victims’ stolen identities to file fraudulent tax returns and fraudulent claims against the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Authorities say the group laundered money by opening bank accounts in its victims’ names.
Celebrities Whose Reality Got Too Real
1. Tiny and TISource:Instagram 1 of 17
2. Hank and Kendra BassettSource:PR 2 of 17
3. Keyshia Cole and Daniel 'Boobie' GibsonSource:Instagram 3 of 17
4. Ice T and CocoSource:PR Photos 4 of 17
5. Jennifer WilliamsSource:PR Photos 5 of 17
6. Kelly Price6 of 17
7. Kenya Moore7 of 17
8. Chad Johnson8 of 17
9. Porsha Williams9 of 17
10. Russell Armstrong10 of 17
11. Lamar Odom11 of 17
12. Jon & Kate Goslin12 of 17
13. Anna Nicole Smith13 of 17
14. Kris Humphries14 of 17
15. Bobby Borwn15 of 17
16. Nadya Suleman16 of 17
17. Kanye West17 of 17