Time is Illmatic a music documentary on Queensbridge rapper Nas, has been a hot seller at the Cannes film market, with sales group Submarine closing deals for most of Europe along with Japan and Australia.
Tribeca Film Enterprises recently picked up the documentary for North America. It’s expected in theaters this fall.
Directed and produced by multimedia artist One9, the film follows the creation and release of Nas’ 1994 debut album, Illmatic, considered by some to be among hip hop’s most important and influential hip-hop records.
The deals, negotiated by David Koh, Dan Braun and Josh Braun of Submarine on behalf of the filmmakers, include NFP Films for Germany, NonStop Entertainment for Scandinavia, Madman Entertainment for Australia/New Zealand, Dogwoof for the U.K., Feltrinelli for Italy, and Parco for Japan.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Billboard Music Awards
9 photos Launch gallery
1. Ludacris hosted this year's Billboard Awards.
1 of 9
2. Nicki Minaj at the Billboard Awards.
2 of 9
3. Jackie Jackson looks handsome at the Billboard Awards.
3 of 9
4. Kendall and Kylie Jenner at the Billboard Awards.
4 of 9
5. Jennifer Lopez and boo Casper Smart look smart on the red carpet.
5 of 9
6. John Legend and wife Chrissy Teigen at the Billboard Music Awards.
6 of 9
7. Jordan Sparks at the Billboard Awards.
7 of 9
8. Ludacris is dapper on the Billboard Awards red carpet.
Source:Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull perform the opener at the Billboard Awards.
8 of 9
9. Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull rock the Billboard stage.
9 of 9