Radar Online is reporting that Mariah Carey and former “American Idol” judge Randy Jackson are serving as her advisors.
“Mariah and Randy were close friends of Whitney’s and were heartbroken after she died suddenly in 2012. They kept in touch. Now Randy has decided he wants to make a full court press to help Bobbi Kristina become a star– and Mariah told him she wanted in, too!” a source close to music producer Jackson told Radar.
“Mariah would love to step in and provide mentoring to BK because she and Randy have been so close and even worked together on last season’s ‘American Idol.’ They have years of music experience between them and will share all their knowledge with Bobbi Kristina.
“Randy wants to move quickly and is presenting a plan for the potential star that gets her on the pop charts in under 12 months.”
The source added: “For her part, Bobbi Kristina is being extremely careful about her first steps into the pop singing world.”
Houston, 20, struggled with fame, suffering through a troubled marriage to rapper Bobby Brown and drug problems. She drowned to death in her hotel bathtub at the Beverly Hilton on Feb. 11, 2012 on the eve of the Grammy Awards. Houston was just 48 years old.
Now, Bobbi Kristina, newly married to longtime boyfriend Nick Gordon, “wants to be a singing star just like her mom, but she wants to be really careful about how she does it. Bobbi Kristina understands how important first impressions are when you release music.”
According to the source, Bobbi Kristina is interested in also writing her own music as well as singing, but “hasn’t had a lot of formal training in that department, despite her parents having had writing credits on many major hits.”
Whitney: Remembering The Music Icon Through The Years (August 9, 1963 - February 11, 2012)
1. Whitney Houston as a child with her mother Cissy HoustonSource:- 1970 - © Gary Czvekus - Retna Ltd 1 of 23
2. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986Source:© Peter Mazel / Sunshine / Retna 2 of 23
3. Whitney Houston 1986Source:Neil Mathews © Retna Ltd. 3 of 23
4. Whitney Houston in 1987 at the Shrine AuditoriumSource:david plastik / PR Photos 4 of 23
5. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980's.Source:© Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd. 5 of 23
6. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980'sSource:© Larry Busacca / Retna 6 of 23
7. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990'sSource:© Larry Busacca / Retna UK 7 of 23
8. Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards in 1994Source:Retna 8 of 23
9. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's in the 1990'sSource:Retna 9 of 23
10. Whitney Houston and then husband Bobby Brown in the 1990'sSource:PR Photos 10 of 23
11. Whitney Houston mid 1990'sSource:© Busacca / Retna UK Credit all uses 11 of 23
12. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998.Source:(PR) 12 of 23
13. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC in 1998Source:© Retna Ltd. 13 of 23
14. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999Source:© Craig Barritt / Retna Ltd. 14 of 23
15. Whitney Houston in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere.Source:PR Photos 15 of 23
16. Whitney Houston with Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World PremiereSource:PR Photos 16 of 23
17. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2007Source:PR Photos 17 of 23
18. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2008Source:PR Photos 18 of 23
19. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America in 2009Source:© Derek Storm/Retna 19 of 23
20. Whitney Houston in 2010Source:PR Photos 20 of 23
21. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.Source:Pr Photos 21 of 23
22. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.Source:PR Photos 22 of 23
23. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.Source:PR Photos 23 of 23