LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dennis Rodman is at the top of a list no one wants to be on. He’s been named GQ’s No. 1 least influential celebrity of 2013.
The 52-year-old former basketball player who has visited Kim Jong Un in North Korea was selected as the top pick in the magazine’s third annual list of the least influential celebrities, which also includes twerking pop star Miley Cyrus, President Barack Obama, and celebrity chef Paula Deen. GQ called Rodman a “Q-list celebrity willing to commit borderline treason just to hang out with a dictator who himself aspires to be a Q-list celebrity.”
Rodman said this week he’s preparing to return to North Korea late next month for an exhibition basketball tour.
Deen, whose cooking empire imploded this year after she admitted to having used the N-word to describe black employees, came in at No. 2 on the list behind Rodman, while former sexting U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner took the No. 3 spot.
“He’s the saddest lecher in American politics, and that’s saying something, because they’re all lechers,” the magazine said.
Cyrus, who garnered attention at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards for her provocative performance with a foam finger, won the No. 6 position for “basically trying every inane strategy she could think of to rile up America’s few remaining pearl clutchers.” The magazine noted “what’s sad is that it totally worked.”
Obama came in at No. 17 because “nothing gets done.”
Other celebrities deemed non-influential include Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Ryan Reynolds and Will Smith.
People Magazine Got It Wrong - Our List of the Sexiest Men Alive I
26 photos Launch gallery
1. Actor Christian Keyes is not widely known but he should be with that face and body!
1 of 26
2. Idris Elba is on People's list this year but we think he should have been #1!
2 of 26
3. Michael B. Jordan is a budding star with the looks to match!
3 of 26
4. This guy is just soooooo easy on the eyes.
4 of 26
5. Denzel Washington is and will always be one of the most beautiful people.
5 of 26
6. Jason Momoa. Yep, he's beautiful
6 of 26
7. Sidney Poitier is like fine wine - this man just keeps getting better.
7 of 26
8. Chiwetel Ejiofor is a good looking Brit.
8 of 26
9. Gotta love Cam Newton's smile.
9 of 26
10. Major League baseball player Matt Kemp gets a place on our list.
10 of 26
11. Remember when Taye Diggs helped Stella get her groove back.
11 of 26
12. Michael Vick gets a place on our list as well.
12 of 26
13. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson with his chiseled handsome face and bod gets a spot.
13 of 26
14. Jesse L. Martin got nods back in 1999 and he still deserves a spot.
14 of 26
15. Actor Henry Simmons as a slave/gladiator - nuff said.
15 of 26
16. Tony Parker - tall, dark and a french accent.
16 of 26
17. Isaiah Mustafa is a former NFL player and can really sell Old Spice.
17 of 26
18. Common, rapper-turned-actor-turned author makes our list of sexy men.
18 of 26
19. Lance Gross is tall, dark, handsome and an award winning actor.
19 of 26
20. T.I. is one goodlooking dude and ranks a spot on our list.
20 of 26
21. 49er Colin Kaepernick is a little cutie who deserves to be on this list!
21 of 26
22. Jesse Williams, talented, bronze skinned, green eyes . . .
22 of 26
23. Shemar Moore has always been easy on the eyes and just keeps getting better.
23 of 26
24. Lamman Rucker & dimples rounds out our 1st installment of Sexiest men alive.
24 of 26
25. TJ Holmes should definitely be on this list!
25 of 26
26. Gorgeous NFL player Troy Polamalu has a million dollar policy on his hair.
26 of 26