ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — George Zimmerman‘s wife is filing for divorce.
Attorney Kelly Sims confirmed Thursday that his client, Shellie Zimmerman, is divorcing her husband of six years.
Shellie Zimmerman pleaded guilty last week to a misdemeanor for lying during a bail hearing after her husband’s arrest for the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year.
A day after the plea, she told ABC’s “Good Morning America” she wasn’t sure she wanted to stay married. ABC first reported the divorce Thursday.
She said the couple lived “like gypsies” after George Zimmerman was released on bail, spending nights in a 20-foot trailer in the woods.
Her husband wasn’t in court with her last week as she was sentenced to a year’s probation and 100 hours of community service.
George Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder in July.
Folks Jailed While Zimmerman Walks Free
9 photos Launch gallery
1. Lauryn Hill served jail time on a tax conviction. (Photo: AP)
1 of 9
2. Michael Vick served time for dog fighting. (Photo: PRPhotos)
2 of 9
3. In 2007, Lil Wayne was jailed for smoking marijuana and for possession of a pistol outside his tour bus. (Photo: AP)
3 of 9
4. Rapper Ja Rule was jailed for possession of a weapon and tax evasion. (Photo: AP)
4 of 9
5. Wesley Snipes was jailed for failing to file federal income tax returns.
5 of 9
6. Singer Ron Isley was jailed for tax evasion. (Photo: AP)
6 of 9
7. Lil Kim served time for three counts of perjury and one count of conspiracy related to a shooting outside a Manhattan studio. No one was injured.
7 of 9
8. Martin Luther King, Jr. was jailed several times for peacefully protesting during the Civil Rights Movement. (Photo: AP)
8 of 9
9. Domestic abuse victim Marissa Alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2012 for firing two warning shots into a wall. (Photo: Hellobeautiful)
9 of 9