Producers of TNT’s “Rizzoli & Isles” have paid tribute to actor Lee Thompson Young by dedicating an episode in his honor.
The body of the former Disney star was discovered by police at his Los Angeles apartment on Monday and his manager has stated the former Disney star apparently committed suicide.
Young played Boston police detective Barry Frost in “Rizzoli & Isles,” and Tuesday night’s episode closed with a silent tribute to the actor. A message displayed onscreen read, “In loving memory of Lee Thompson Young, 1984 – 2013″ before viewers were shown a montage of silent clips of the actor in his role as Frost.
As previously reported, the drama has halted production following the news of Young’s death and it remains unclear how long the suspension will last.
Celebs React to Lee Thompson Young's Death Via Twitter
17 photos Launch gallery
1. Tia Mowry: "My heart goes out to Lee Thompson Young RIP.. These child stars are leaving us too soon! My heart is aching…"
1 of 17
2. Columbus Short: "My heart is broken today. RIP to my dear friend and brother Lee Thompson Young. Writing partner/Friend/Brother. #HeartAche...I'm going to make sure the world sees and knows what an amazing writer and visionary Lee Young was. I'm going to make our movie. #NoMatterWhat."
2 of 17
3. Gabrielle Union: "I had the pleasure of working w/#LeeThompsonYoung on Flash Forward & he was an extremely talented beautiful soul. My thoughts & prayers are with his loved ones #RIP"
3 of 17
4. Michael Ealy: "SAD SAD NEWS. RIP Lee Thompson Young. 29 and so much promise. Lift up his family today. Stunned right now."
4 of 17
5. Amber Riley: "Man...RIP #LeeThompsonYoung #Jett Jackson...Everything that glitters isn't gold. You just never know, that just tore me up a little. Man..."
5 of 17
6. Lauren London: "So sad to hear about Lee Thompson Young. He was such a good guy with a great heart. May he have peace. Prayers all around."
6 of 17
7. Donald Faison: "This breaks my heart. RIP Lee Thompson Young"
7 of 17
8. Solange: "Very very sad to hear about Lee Thompson Young. He was always very kind, and such a light."
8 of 17
9. KeKe Palmer: "I have no words to say. I honestly am speechless to the recent passing of my old friend Lee Thompson Young."
9 of 17
10. Jackee Harry: "My Thoughts & Prayers Go Out To The Family And Friends Of Lee Thompson Young. #GoneWayTooSoon"
10 of 17
11. Meagan Good: “My Lee .. My friend .. My dear Friend .. I love you man .. My heart Is so broken .. You are remarkable 🙂 ..you are incredible .. Light and beauty .. So humble and gentle .. Loving and sweet .. Serious and thoughtful lol ..it’s like you were always in touch with something so transcending -that others couldn’t even begin to touch it or identify it .. you lived in that space .. You were such a Special and beautifully different kind of being .. a original .. Im thinking about all the silly times lol …the random adventures of you, me and @mrtyhodges.. Teenagers then young adults on a constant mission … a brilliant mind .. a gorgeous spirit .. I’ll miss you .. Alot .. You loved me enough to fearlessly remind me of my worth .. Thank you .. I pray you Peace … And everlasting Love wrapped up in Our Fathers Arms ..I love you always and always my Brother.”
11 of 17
12. Raven Symone: Raven Sumone: “You were talented and amazing! Watch over us! Love you Lee! #ohthelifewelive. Amazing man! Great talent, my childhood! Blessings, and safe journey!”
12 of 17
13. Nicole Ari Parker: "My heart is broken"
13 of 17
14. Don Lemon: “So sad. Lee Thompson #RIP.”
14 of 17
15. Ava Duvernay: “Lee Thompson Young. Worked with him during “Jett Jackson.” Lovely young brother. Heavy heart today. Peace be with him the rest of the way.”
15 of 17
16. Tamera Mowry: "..So young. So sad R.I.P"
16 of 17
17. Wes Craven: "My sympathy to the family of Lee Thompson Young and to all those who knew and loved him...I had the pleasure of working with him in 2007 on Hills Have Eyes 2. He was a pro, gifted and warm. The tragedy of this kind of loss is particularly bewildering and painful."
17 of 17