SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a burglar’s decision to knock back a couple of beers during a break-in at an upstate New York home led to his arrest.
Onondaga (ahn-uhn-DAH’-gah) County prosecutors tell The Post-Standard of Syracuse that 29-year-old Moses Wilson was stealing copper piping from a vacant rental home in Syracuse in early February when he found an unopened case of beer in the basement.
Officials say he drank some of the beer during the burglary. Prosecutors say police were able to match Wilson’s DNA to DNA found on the cans.
Wilson was arraigned Tuesday in Onondaga County Court on charges of burglary and petit larceny. He is being held in jail on $10,000 bail. It couldn’t immediately be determined if he had a lawyer.
'Just Blame It on a Brotha' Crimes
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Amanda Knox blamed her black boss!
1 of 14
2. Ashley Todd blamed a black man
2 of 14
3. Susan Smith blamed a black man!
3 of 14
4. Charles Stuart blamed a black man!
4 of 14
5. Joran Van der Sloot blamed two black security guards!
5 of 14
6. Timothy McVeigh: The media blamed the Nation of Islam
6 of 14
7. Brian Wells blamed a group of Black men
7 of 14
8. Central Park Jogger- A New York "trial" blamed 5 black/latino teens
8 of 14
9. George Zimmerman blamed the victim, a black teen
9 of 14
10. Bonnie Sweeten blamed two black men
10 of 14
11. Jesse Anderson blamed two black men
11 of 14
12. Robert Harris blamed a black man
12 of 14
13. Charles Manson blamed murders on blacks in hopes to start a race war
13 of 14
14. Bethany Storro blamed a black woman
14 of 14