Nothing sells like a celebrity.
Rihanna is now leading her name over to the cosmetics world. The pop culture icon is gearing up for the release of her new M.A.C lipstick, RiRi Woo.
According to reports, RiRi Woo is a red lipstick that was inspired by the “Pour It Up” singer’s love for M.A.C’s Ruby Roo color. This is the first lip color to be released from her RiRi (Hearts) M.A.C line, which is schedule to include three collections.
“When you think of make-up, the brand that pops into your mind – for something legit – is M.A.C,” Riahnna said of her new beauty venture. “Whatever color you want, it’s like ‘Let’s go to MAC.’ I’ve been using M.A.C on tour for such a long time it was a natural fit for me. I have always loved make-up, and I always said that if I do it, I want to do it with a credible brand.”
RiRi added her shade was created for women of all skin tones.
“I had so many different samples to choose from and so many different colors underneath – blue, yellow, orange and pink bases,” the singer said about creating her color. “I really got to play. There’s so much to choose from, and you can mix different textures with different colors and different greens in different eye shadows. Every little detail is important.”
RiRi Woo hits stores on May 3rd, but until then, let’s take a look at 10 major celebrity endorsement deals.
1. Nicki Minaj recently partnered with Beats By Dre to launch a special pink edition of their signature Pill speaker.
2. Beyonce keeps her paper rolling in with a host of endorsement deals, including companies like L’Oreal, DirecTV, General Mills and whopping $50 million deal with Pepsi.
3. Dozens of women have been the face of CoverGirl cosmetics, but no one has owned it like current beauty model and singer Janelle Monae. She sells inner and outer beauty.
4. 50 Cent is not only the celebrity spokesman Vitamin Water, he owns a minority stake in the company.
5. Kim Kardashian seems to be the queen of endorsement deals. One of her most popular partnerships is with fast food chain Carl’s Jr. Do you remember her sexy salad commercial?
6. After her amazing weight 80-plus pound weight lost, Jennifer Hudson became the perfect spokesperson for Weight Watchers.
7. Diddy’s endorsement deal with Ciroc vodka in 2007 has grown to be one of the most lucrative deals of his career. He’s drinking straight to the bank.
8. Justin Timberlake began his relationship with Target in 2010 when he launched his fashion line, William Rast, with the company.
9. Serena Williams is on top of her game so endorsement deals with sports-related companies like Nike, Wilson and Gatorade keep rolling in.