Unconfirmed reports about “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts planning a secret wedding with her alleged girlfriend have surfaced on the web.
The blog Mstarz.com claims that Roberts, 52, is about to wed independent film director Storm Sahara, a woman first linked to the TV anchor from a Feb. 2013 article in the National Enquirer.
Although Roberts remains very hush-hush about her love life ad sexual orientation, she has been romantically “linked” to former Czech American tennis player and coach Martina Navratilova as well as former Auburn University basketball coach Nell Fortner. But again, these are just RUMORS currently circulating on the web. Roberts never officially came out as being in a romantic relationship with either woman.
Now reports have it that Roberts may be dating a fellow colleague at ‘GMA’ named Storm Sahara, but such rumors are hard to believe considering no valid information concerning this partner seems to exist. One report currently flying around on the web, with no reputable source to support such claims, insists: “It is no secret that Robin Roberts long time girlfriend is Storm Sahara, it’s under wraps because of their 23 year age difference.”
Now, Mstars has learned from an unidentified source that Roberts and Sahara are indeed a couple. In an email sent on Friday, March 22, the unnamed source claims:
“I work closely with Robin Roberts on a daily basis, so yes I know a great deal about her and Storm Sahara. They are indeed extremely private but only because of Robin. Storm is known throughout the LGBT community. She’s an independent film director – she also owns a few boutiques throughout North and South Carolina. Since [Mstars’] last month’s publication, things have been very silent between those two. However, they are back together, and from what I know a date has been put in place for a private wedding.
“According to Robin there will be no family or coworkers involved. Kind of sad because I thought at least she would invite her Glam Squad or co-anchors. But this is their wish in agreement…
“…I admire Robin – she’s a wonderful person with a big heart. They are a very beautiful couple, and I feel because of Robin’s position she shouldn’t be afraid to tell the world about her beautiful wife to be.”
Celebrating Breast Cancer Survivors
19 photos Launch gallery
1. Richard Roundtree was diagnosed with a rare male breast cancer in '93 and underwent a double mastectomy at age 61.
1 of 19
2. Wanda Sykes found out she had breast cancer when she went in for a breast reduction. She opted for a double mastectomy.
2 of 19
3. Angelina Jolie tested positive for the breast cancer gene BRCA1 in 2014. As a result she had a double mastectomy.
3 of 19
4. Robin Roberts was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007 and returned to work a month after surgery & chemo on August 3, 2007 (AP)
4 of 19
5. Diahann Carroll was diagnosed in 1998 & 10 years later she had a bestselling comedic book about her battle with breast cancer.
5 of 19
6. Sheryl Crow was diagnosed at age 44 in 2006 and says early detection of the disease is the reason she's here. She opted for a lumpectomy which is a surgical removal of a portion of the breast. (AP)
6 of 19
7. Patti LaBelle was diagnosed in 2005 and is cancer-free today. She lost her two sisters to lung cancer. (Photo: AP)
7 of 19
8. Kylie Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 at age 37 and is now cancer free after chemo. (Photo:AP)
8 of 19
9. Hoda Kotb was diagnosed in 2006 and underwent a mastectomy & reconstructive surgery. She is now cancer-free and an advocate for breast cancer awareness. (AP)
9 of 19
10. Fashion designer Betsy Johnson was diagnosed in 2002 is now cancer-free. (Photo: AP)
10 of 19
11. Almost 8 years ago, Vanessa Bell Calloway had a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery on her right breast on October 26. (PR)
Source:Gregg DeGuire WireImage/Getty Images
11 of 19
12. Giuliana Rancic was diagnosed at age 36 in October of 2011 and underwent a double mastectomy. She has been cancer free for the last 6 years. (Photo: AP)
12 of 19
13. Rene Syler chose to have a preventive mastectomy due to carrying the breast cancer gene. Both her mother and father had breast cancer and survived. She is cancer-free today and happy. (PR)
13 of 19
14. Poet and author Nikki Giovani battled and conqured both lung and breast cancer.
14 of 19
15. Retired WNBA player Edna Campbell is a breast cancer survivor and penned a Breast Cancer Recovery Manual. She was diagnosed in February of 2002. She has been cancer free for 15 years. (AP)
15 of 19
16. Singer, novelist, actress & model Marsha Hunt was diagnosed with Breast cancer in 2004. She had a complete mastectomy and no reconstructive surgery. She is now cancer free. (Pinterest)
16 of 19
17. Actress and civil rights leader Ruby Dee was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1970. She defeated the disease and died in 2014 of natural causes. (PR)
17 of 19
18. Oklahoma state Sen. Judy Eason McIntyre is a survivor and a tireless advocate for breast cancer research. She was diagnosed in August of 2006 and received a double mastectomy to reduce the chances of the disease coming back. (Flickr)
18 of 19
19. Motivational speaker Bershan Shaw at age 33 was diagnosed with breast cancer and got through it. Two years later the cancer came back as a stage 4 diagnose, but she worked really hard and beat it then too.
19 of 19