With the Presidential inaugural festivities right around the corner many people are wondering, “What do I wear to an inaugural ball?” Fortunately for you, Young & Powerful for Obama asked Stylist & Commentator, Yasmine Yasmine, to create an Inaugural Ball Style Showcase, attended by Senator Eric Adams, Congresswoman Yvette Clarke, Congressman Hakeem Jeffries, NAACP Director Marvon Bing, TV Host Stevan Lynn, UBC TV President Peggy Dodson, and Miss Jessie’s Founders Titi & Miko Branch at Lifestyle & Trimco.
Remember, there are only two rules to dressing for balls; make sure your dress is floor length AND flattering to your figure. Here is Yasmine Yasmine’s list of the must attend 2013 Inaugural balls and the looks she styled to be worn to them.
Text by Yasmine Yasmine, Scarf Stylist, Wardrobe Stylist, Commentator
What To Wear To The 2013 Inagural Balls
1. The Green Ball 1/20/20131 of 8
2. The Heritage Inaugural Ball 1/20/20132 of 8
3. The Young & Powerful Inauguration Black Tie Gala: Dream 1/21/20133 of 8
4. The Ambassadors Inaugural Ball 1/21/134 of 8
5. The HBCU Inaugural Gala Ball 1/20/20135 of 8
6. The Hip Hop Inaugural Ball 1/20/20136 of 8
7. The Blue Lights in the Ballroom Inaugural Ball 1/21/20137 of 8
8. The African American Church Inaugural Ball or The Muslim American Inaugural Benefit Gala 1/20/138 of 8
Follow HelloBeautiful On Twitter!
Follow @HelloBeautiful to get daily updates on beauty, fashion and entertainment!—
Hello Beautiful (@HelloBeautiful) October 03, 2012
MORE ON STYLE & BEAUTY:
The Ultimate Brown Girl Guide To Inauguration: Where To Go & What To Wear was originally published on hellobeautiful.com