A man in Florida has died from a flesh-eating bacteria that he contracted after eating bad oysters, according to The New York Post.
The Florida Department of Health said that the 71-year-old man in Sarasota died following his seafood meal July 8 at a local restaurant.
He died two days after he ate oysters containing the flesh-eating bacteria known as Vibrio vulnificus, which can be found in raw shellfish, according to WWSB.
The bacteria is often associated with eating raw or under-cooked shellfish, or swimming in warm coastal waters with open wounds, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
“Exposures occur more commonly during the summer months from May to October, when the water is warmer,” agency officials told the Tampa Bay Times.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
- Amanda Seales Show ‘To Arrest Trump Or Not To Arrest Trump That Is The Question?’ | EPISODE 74
- Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
- I’ve Never Had A Twitter Account: Dave Chappelle Recounts His Hilarious “Beef” With Katt Williams
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER:
All In The Eyes: Fans React To "That Look" Angela Bassett Gave After Major Oscars Upset
Former BET CEO Debra Lee Reveals Affair With The Network’s Founder Bob Johnson, Twitter Reacts
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54
Tyga & Avril Lavigne Confirm Relationship With Paris Kiss, Twitter Is Baffled At The Unlikely Couple
Tiger Woods’ Ex-Girlfriend Sues Golfer For $30M After Tricking Her To Leave His Home, Twitter Reacts
Michael Irvin Misconduct Lawsuit: Release Of Surveillance Video Causes Split Reactions
Larsa Pippen Says She and Ex-Scottie Had Sex ‘4 Times a Night for 23 Years’
Can't Say Goodbye: 15 Bobby Caldwell Songs We Won't Soon Forget