08/17/17- Should we let our kids watch the news? Especially with what’s going on today, like Charlottesville. Kym’s 6-year-old son asked her, “Mom, why do white people hate black people?” That shocked her because he hasn’t even identified himself as being “black” yet. Are you having “The Talk” with your kids?

Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

32 thoughts on “Black Moms Matter: ‘Mom, Why Do White People Hate Black People?’

• Judging by your post, I’ll bet my forty acres and mule that white people are extremely happy that you hate them. I’m black and I wouldn’t want to come within 2 feet of you.

• Metro tull on said:

Ok the premise of the original post is bullcrap so trying to answer it is a waste of time.
      White people do not hate black people or rather no more than they hate brown people Chinese people or even other white people who speak a different language. That goes for any colour, creed religion. Humans are naturally drawn to groups that they define in many many ways. These groups then compete for the limited resources around them. This has been happening since life started on this planet. Bacteria competed with other bacteria dinosaurs competed with other dinosaurs and mammals compete with other mammals.
      Black people, a lot of them are completely dumb to actual history and learn bastardised history taught to them to alleviate personal responsibility now.
      For instance black people start their knowledge from when they were taken by Europeans and sold into slavery around the world. If you ask them about Africa before this, and I have, they will tell you about a utopian society where all the blacks their lived in harmony with nature and each other and the violence only came with the white man. This is utter nonsense . Africa had about 1500 or more tribes living in it who were constantly warring with one another. They killed and enslaved each other for thousands if years before European contact. They sold captured slaves or traded captured slaves with middle eastern and Asian people as and when they came in contact with them. Please don’t think this is a tirade against black people as this status quo happened all across the world. Arabs enslaved other Arabs and Asians enslaved other Asians whites enslaved other whites. Hell even native Americans enslaved each other.
      Why some blacks and whites perceive this as a bigger deal then historically maybe it should be is not only because it was nearly the last big colonisation. Europe and Asia had been carved up for centuries and the people who suffered in those carve ups are lost to history. I would hedge a bet as those two continents were more densely populated that the death and enslavement toll exceeded that of the Africans.
      In fact the reason the Europeans were able to colonise Africa relatively easily was due to the fact the was such a wide number of tribes who were happy to help the Europeans defeat their enemy tribes.
      The unlucky bit for the African continent was that this colonisation came at exactly the same time as the oceans opened up with better maps and ships.
      As to now I think it’s laughable to sit here and blame slavery for the state of black people in America.

1. The truth on said:

It’s a lot of things that I don’t like about my race and the things they say and do but just because black people dint take no shit we are the bad guys because the shit that I see white kids do is crazy so just because I’ll fuck you up and ask questions later doesn’t mean I’m a bad person because white people push your buttons and then when they get the reaction they don’t like then we are animals and crazy

2. All children are innocent,but the family and the environment around them make them turn out the way they are ,if they live in a good family, environment they wont become a social problems. No one hate good black people, but we all hate bad black people if you are good no now will hate you stop put the words black matter to make yourself look better. I don’t have to explain why no one want to live in black community it’s because your nasty behavior that most people can’t accept it, like in my apartment complex a group of black kids walk around the complex and throw the rock to other people window includedmy window when I got they I call a cops on them their parents told me their kids are a good kids …..good kids my ass .

• Exactly I don’t hate all black people but I do hate most but it has absolutely nothing to do with their skin color it’s their loud obnoxious behavior and their sense of entitlement thinking white people owe them something because of slavery which no one today has anything to do with as a owner or slave and blaming all their failures on white people and by the way I know plenty of black people that have good jobs and have never been to jail the difference is they don’t apply to my former statements but of course the ones who speak properly and carry themselves in an intellectual manner are considered sale outs. I’ve actually heard ghetto black people make fun of people for having a college education seriously your the one speaking Ebonics and your making fun of someone for being educated do you not realize how fucking stupid you sound.

3. Nun ya on said:

White people hate Blacks because they fear them because they don’t understand them. We as humans tend to fear the unknown! Personally I hatewhite people because they don’t care about police brutality and young Black kids being killed by the police. All they do is get angry because a football 🏈 player takes a knee!! Wtf!?? If their kids and young men were being systematically killed by police, Black people would have their backs!

• The truth on said:

Your a dick head no body deserves to die at young age I bet you the little Billy’s and Timmy’s that massacre the schools and family will not get the same response but because we are black every thing we do is so threatening and so hurtful the most you see black people do is shooting that is the most popular crime with in the black community with white ppl y’all kill schools and being perverts and all kinds of crazy shit so if anything we should be scared of y’all crazy asses y’all kid nap kids you rarely hear of a child being kid napped in a urban community it’s in the suburbs that you have to worry about your kids going missing people being held hostage and all kinds of foolishness u ass hole I hope you fall down the step eat a dick and die

4. Because blacks are racist and full of hate against whites. 1) WE DID NOT BRING YOU PEOPLE HERE. 2) WE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVERY. 3) I was beaten nearly to death by a racist black man. 4) 4 racist black men accosted my friend and his wife in a parking lot and beat and raped her for hours making her husband watch while they beat him too. Is that enough reason or should I continue?

5. I HATE A SPECIFIC GROUP OF BLACK PEOPLE BECAUSE I AM BLACK AND BLACK PEOPLE TREATED ME LIKE SHIT BECAUSE I AM ALSO WHITE AND SPANISH. I SEE ME AS A “BLACK QUEEN’ BUT BECAUSE MY SKIN IS TAN I’M NOT ALLOWED? I WISH I CAN TYPE THE IN AND THE OUTS, BUT BEING BLACK IS AS HARD AS BEING MIXED. WE AS PEOPLE NEED TO STOP LABELING EACH OTHER AND SEE EACH OTHER FOR WHAT WE ALL ARE, PEOPLE.

6. MyBizness on said:

Here’s a news flash – most white people in the USA do not hate black people. They FEAR black people. That’s not the same thing.

7. Joseph on said:

You can tell you right son many many reasons ,,, black men rape white women 80% of rape crimes toward white women happen by black men so each woman this happen to her all her friends and family hate black,,, Africa the most undeveloped places on the earth ,,, black are lazy live on welfare could Be also reason,, tell him they fake history and they say black build the pyramids. Black are crying baby you can choose.

• NOne fact comment often consider a type of remakes hater can only make . African is consider one of the richest place on earth .The point is your remarks is pointless and hate base .If you do the statistic the number of people who are consider wallfere recipes – white family top on that chart too .

8. Why do white people hate black people? Why do black people hate white people? Why do some white people hate other white people? Why do some black people hate other black people? You could ask a thousand people this same question and get a thousand different answers. Why does anyone hate anyone else? My answer to my child would be “I have no idea. But, if you discover someone hates you, don’t waste your time trying to figure out why. Just keep it moving. Your time will be better spent associating with people who have something to contribute to society. There are plenty of us out here, and we’re not hard to find.”

9. Who cares why they hate us?

The African American community needs to stop looking for white folks to luv us-WE NEED TO LOVE OURSELVES!!!!!!!!

White’s have been JEALOUS of us for centuries.
    We are STRONG/RESILENT/INDEPENDENT-THEY ARE NOT!!!!!
    We come in all different skin tones/hues-THEY DO NOT!!!!!!

If nothing else-the incident in Charlottesville VA displayed whites
    in their true nature-AS SAVAGES!!!!!!

WE NEED UNITY WITHIN OUR OWN COMMUNITIES ACROSS AMERYKAH!!!!!!!!!

• Bianca on said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make yourself happy by all means honey. I bet you that black person who calls a white person a bitch/honkey etc. when they are trying to make polite conversation with you.

• Trust me and i will never be jealous of you dirtt blacks. Hahahaha. Im not even racist of color im racist of the way you act treat other people the way you carry yourself has nothing to do with color babes. I respect all till u disrespect me. You hate me and i dont care. Grow up and look at the big picture.

• 1) Nobody is jealous of you. It’s all in your head. It doesn’t mean we hate you either. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Don’t be eccentric.
      2) Some black people are strong/resilient/independent. Some are not. Some white people are, some are not. It’s not okay to generalize others and then expect not to be generalized yourself. Golden rule, man. It’s a wonderful thing.
      3) White people do come in all different skin tones, actually. You ever seen an Irish person vs. an Italian person? Both considered white, vastly different shades. You’re not really even thinking about what you’re typing, are you?
      4) There’s that generalizing again. If that was true, I could say the violence in Ferguson and the Delmar Loop portrayed all blacks how they truly are – savages. See, it’s not very nice is it? We all do stupid shit sometimes, but it doesn’t always have to be about race. Morgan Freeman said if we want to get rid of racism, we need to stop talking about it. So why is everyone trying to hard to find it in everything? I literally saw on the news that people are calling Dr. Seuss books racist. How hard do you have to read into something to find a children’s book that is full of nonsensical things racist? The things barely make sense, for fuck sake. They’re supposed to be silly. I’m sure Dr. Seuss was not trying to instill racism into children subliminally. I’m sure you think it’s true though. After you pull your head out of your ass, maybe your brain can start getting enough oxygen to it so that you can actually use it.

• Yeah,you definitely need to start loving yourselves more considering most of young black guys who get shot are shot by other black guys.
      And maybe a little less hate towards whites might help as well

• If y’all are so great why are most of y’all are broke ghetto trash. I can tell in no way are white people jealous of blacks why would we be we have the most money and run the country and sense y’all supposedly are always being targeted by police why would we want to be black that’s some stupid shit y’all tell yourselves to make your selves feel better keep wishing little buddy

• Jealous of you?

I guess we’re so busy being intellectuals, that we don’t know how to dumb ourselves down and make below average IQ music. White people pay attention to black culture purely because it is less exhausting than white way of life… thinking, preparing, worrying, and trying to better ourselves overall.

Jealous… without US, you people, and yes, would be living how they’re living in Africa still. Enslaving each other, scarcely paved roads, laughable government and extremely violent.

Black people owe white people extreme gratitude, because we SAVED you from Africa and any other Black Country, because there is not a Black Country out there that has made anything out of itself without white people colonising it.

Why do we hate you? How about less of a loaded questing that won’t take 6 months to fully explain. Why would we like you?? You contribute VERY little, influential at 0%, invent nothing, and have NO self-awareness.

• ben gay on said:

all i can say is wooow the to the stupidity and language you hood rats bring to this forum with lack of intelligence or to even think deeper that you immediate thought. instead of being grateful to the white man that brought your ancestors here and made something of your culture because obviously you guys don’t have what it takes to live civil in any society, the white man puts his head down while you black spit in his face and then demand or their hard earned money while you bitches cry like some other man needs to support your dumb asses .

10. Children are born innocent. Hatred, abuse, envy, bigotry and other negative feeling are taught and learned. Yes love is also a feeling that’s learned, but it’s natural like breathing. My opinion only.