Apollo Nida may not have his freedom, but he and Phaedra Parks are at least free from each other.
The “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star, 43, revealed in a new interview that she finalized her divorce from Nida after more than two years of drama.
During an appearance on TMZ’s web series “Raq Rants,” host Raquel Harper asked Phaedra if her divorce was finalized yet. “It is,” Parks responded.
She first filed for divorce in October 2014 after nearly five years of marriage. The process was prolonged for a number of reasons, including Nida’s much-publicized trial and subsequent imprisonment on fraud charges.
When Harper asked Parks if she sees herself reconciling with her ex-husband, she replied, “I never say never, but in this case, I don’t think that will be a possibility. At the end of the day, we’re friends and we have our kids together, so we’ll always be friends. We’ll always have a relationship.”
The former couple, who tied the knot in November 2009, are parents of sons Ayden, 6, and Dylan, 3.
Hours before news broke of the divorce being finalized, Us Weekly revealed an exclusive sneak peek of the forthcoming season 9 premiere of RHOA, in which the Bravo star explained why she was still waiting for her marriage to officially come to an end.
“I filed for divorce last year, and it has been a long, drawn-out process because Apollo has not wanted to get the divorce,” the attorney told costar Porsha Williams. “I’m waiting for word on my divorce being final. I’m just hoping that we can get this resolved.”
Williams, 35, who finalized her divorce from Kordell Stewart in December 2013, replied with a fun offer, telling Parks, “I’m gonna make some phone calls, and we’re going to start doing some dating.”
“The Real Housewives of Atlanta” returns to Bravo on Sunday (Nov. 6) at 8 p.m. ET.
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike EppsSource:PR Photos 1 of 16
2. Dwayne WadeSource:PR 2 of 16
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Honsou3 of 16
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married...but as we know, it didn't work out.4 of 16
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey5 of 16
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.6 of 16
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose7 of 16
8. Kimora and Russell Simmons8 of 16
9. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.Source:AP) 9 of 16
10. 'All My Children' star and current guest star on 'Power' Debbi Morgan has been married...and divorced four times.10 of 16
11. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.11 of 16
12. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.12 of 16
13. And we thought it would last - Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.13 of 16
14. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O'Neal.14 of 16
15. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven't remarried.15 of 16
16. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it's been finalized...but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?16 of 16
(Photo Source: TMZ Youtube)