Ciara is having a full circle moment in reaching yet another lifelong dream.
The singer has been named the newest spokeswoman for Revlon, according to WWD. The title is fitting, considering she was named after the Ciara by Revlon perfume from 1973, a gift her father gave her mother before she was born.
“I think my mom was putting it into the universe,” she tells WWD. “Your name will be Ciara and one day you will have a Revlon campaign.”
2016 has already been an amazing year for Ciara, who got to engaged to Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson in March, married in July, and landed a modeling contract with IMG this summer.
With the new Revlon gig, the 30-year-old singer joins fellow celeb Revlon ambassadors Olivia Wilde and Halle Berry. As global brand ambassador, she’ll star in cosmetics ads, promote the brand on social media (her Instagram has nearly14 million followers), and serve as the face of the brand’s “Choose Love” campaign.
“I always was a big dreamer, I always envisioned myself doing really cool things and really successful things,” Ciara says of the opportunity. “There’s a lot of power in that, and my ultimate goal is to always be humble in the process and make sure I use this platform to really make a difference.”
“Having my own personal journey that I’ve had through my life, I’ve just really been about female empowerment and that’s really, that’s really important to Revlon, too,” Ciara says.”It’s an exciting thing because, you know, it’s bigger than the makeup. They take it a step further by using the platform to help make a difference.”
The Best Black CoverGirl Beauties Through The Years
1. BrandySource:CoverGirl 1 of 12
2. Tyra BanksSource:CoverGirl 2 of 12
3. RihannaSource:CoverGirl 3 of 12
4. Janelle MonaeSource:CoverGirl 4 of 12
5. Queen LatifahSource:CoverGirl 5 of 12
6. Eva MarcilleSource:CoverGirl 6 of 12
7. Bree NewsomeSource:CoverGirl 7 of 12
8. Queen LatifahSource:CoverGirl 8 of 12
9. BrandySource:CoverGirl 9 of 12
10. Janelle MonaeSource:CoverGirl 10 of 12
11. RihannaSource:CoverGirl 11 of 12
12. Tyra BanksSource:CoverGirl 12 of 12
(Photo Source: People.com)