If you love funny man Mike Epps and are anxious to see rapper T.I. back on the big screen, get ready because the two are set to team up for a film that is sure to keep you laughing until it hurts. To ensure that the project is top-notch, Queen Latifah is also jumping on board to produce.
Mike Epps, T.I. and Queen Latifah have found the perfect project for them to work together, and it’s in the form of a buddy comedy titled The Trap. With the two male stars as the leads and the Queen handling the producing, this could be the start of a hilarious and profitable partnership.
Industry insider The Hollywood Reporter has all of the exclusive details about The Trap, its stars and when the project expects to begin shooting.
Via The Hollywood Reporter:
Mike Epps and Tip “T.I.” Harris are teaming up to star in “The Trap,” an indie comedy to be directed by Chris Robinson.
Queen Latifah and her Flavor Unit Entertainment partner Shakim Compere are producing with Epps and his partner at Naptown Productions, Niles Kirchner. Harris will produce under his Grand Hustle Films banner with his partner, Brian Sher. Robinson is also producing. The project is based on a story that Epps concocted with Nile Evans, with Evans writing the script.
“Trap” tells of a man (T.I.) who returns home to Atlanta after an extended absence to help save his brother (Epps) and mother’s run-down restaurant. An unexpected change to the chicken recipe breathes new life into the restaurant but also brings unexpected problems. The film will hopefully begin shooting this fall.
This could be pretty funny if everything comes together. It’s also nice to see Mike Epps bounce back so quickly after his series Uncle Buck was cancelled after just one season this past summer.
Celebrity Co-Stars Reunited!
1. Keke Palmer and Niecy NashSource:Niecy Nash Instagram 1 of 15
2. Brandy and Hosea ChanchezSource:Brandy Instagram 2 of 15
3. Raven Symone and Adrienne Bailon3 of 15
4. Gabrielle Union, Robinne Lee and Essence AtkinsSource:Instagram 4 of 15
5. Tracee Ellis Ross and Mara Brock AkilSource:Instagram 5 of 15
6. Ludacris, Usher and Lil' JonSource:Instagram 6 of 15
7. Tyrese and The RockSource:Instagram 7 of 15
8. Kim Kardashian West and Paris HiltonSource:Instagram 8 of 15
9. Monica Brown and Vanessa BryantSource:Instagram 9 of 15
10. Kandi Burruss and Jermaine DupriSource:Instagram 10 of 15
11. Teyana Taylor and Bow Wow (Shad Moss)11 of 15
12. Tia Mowry-Hardict and Brittany DanielsSource:Instagram 12 of 15
13. Meagan Good and Will FerrellSource:Instagram 13 of 15
14. Brandy and MaksimSource:Instagram 14 of 15
15. Kevin Hart, Regina Hall and Sanaa LathanSource:Instagram 15 of 15