Never one to stay idle for too long, former supermodel-turned-mogul Tyra Banks has already lined up her next project since becoming a mom. Today it was announced today that NBC gave the green light to her new reality show focused on creating start-up businesses.
Industry insider Variety has all the details about the new competition series, titled Funded, which will also feature Big & Rob star Rob Dyrdek and entrepreneur Rohan Oza.
The inside scoop on the show states:
“Rob, Tyra, and Rohan offer a level of business experience and expertise that is priceless to a burgeoning entrepreneur. They are perfectly suited to be at the helm of this series as it sets out to shine a light on extraordinary start-ups, provide invaluable guidance to innovators and give financial backing to the most deserving and revolutionary ideas that will shape our future,” said Universal President Meredith Ahr.
For her role in the series, in which the winner receives $1 million, and what it means to her to be able to share her vast knowledge in the business arena, Tyra stated, “I have spent my life encouraging people to BYOB — Be Your Own Boss. Making everyday people’s dreams come true is what I live for. [This is] life-changing type of television power project that gets me pumped. We will enlighten and entertain audiences and encourage our viewers to attack their most outrageous goals with fierce determination.”
The 42-year-old is certainly qualified to give business advice, considering she attended Harvard Business School and has several companies under her belt that range from fashion and beauty to movies and television. Funded does not yet have a premiere date, but we’ll keep you posted on the show’s progress.
Black Celebs With Blue, Green & Hazel Eyes
1. Michael Ealy- Blue1 of 23
2. Raven Symone- Hazel2 of 23
3. Jesse Williams- Blue3 of 23
4. Vanessa Williams- Blue4 of 23
5. Tami Roman- Hazel5 of 23
6. Gary Dourdan- Green6 of 23
7. Tyra Banks- Green/Hazel7 of 23
8. Smokey Robinson- Green8 of 23
9. Jada Pinkett-Smith- Hazel9 of 23
10. Stacey Dash- Blue/Green10 of 23
11. Terrence Howard- Green/Hazel11 of 23
12. Eva Pigford- Green/Hazel12 of 23
13. Chris Williams- Blue13 of 23
14. Regina King- Hazel14 of 23
15. LaLa Anthony- Green15 of 23
16. Robert Ri'chard- Green16 of 23
17. Nicole Ari Parker- Green17 of 23
18. James Earl Jones- Blue18 of 23
19. Rihanna- Green/Hazel19 of 23
20. Nicole Murphy- Blue20 of 23
21. Gerald Kelly- Green21 of 23
22. Stephen Belafonte- Blue22 of 23
23. Leona Lewis- Blue/ Green23 of 23
SOURCE: Variety | PHOTO CREDIT: PR Photos
Tyra Banks’ Reality Business Competition Show Gets Green Light From NBC was originally published on hellobeautiful.com