Chaka Khan is calling on her fans to help promote the Feb. 19 release of her new single, “I Love Myself” and its message of self-esteem and acceptance.
The R&B diva is inviting fans to submit a one-minute video clip of them lip-synching to the song’s chorus by Feb. 19. The winning clips will then be featured in the song’s music video.
“It is important that in these troubled times we honor our own self-respect,” says Khan in announcing the “I Love Myself” video contest. “Beauty knows no boundaries and is accepting of us all whether black, white, gay, straight, physically or mentally challenged.”
A percentage of the new single’s net proceeds will benefit two organizations that assist victims of domestic violence and discrimination, respectively: Face Forward and Stomp Out Bullying. The funds will be distributed through The Chaka Khan Foundation, created in 1999.
Complete “I Love Myself” contest details are available at http://ilovemyself.votigo.com/.
Chaka Khan Through the Years
1. 1. Chaka Khan at the 40th Annual FiFi Awards 2012 in New York City, NY. (Photo: PR Photos)1 of 12
2. 2. Steve Wonder & Chaka Khan at the Artists for Peace "Never Again" Concert in Universal City, CA in 2011. (Photo: PR)2 of 12
3. 3. Chaka Khan at the 2011 All-Star Weekend VIP Party Hosted by Adidas and Snoop Dogg in Los Angeles. (Photo: PR Photos)3 of 12
4. 4. The 32nd Edition of UNCF - An Evening of Stars with a Trbute to Chaka Kahn. (Photo: PR Photos)4 of 12
5. 5. Chaka Khan at the 2009 NHL Awards held in Las Vegas, NV (Photo: PR Photos)5 of 12
6. 6. Chaka Khan at the Taste of Chicago in 2008. (Photo: PR Photos)6 of 12
7. 7. Chaka Khan at the 2008 Sony BMG Grammy After-Party in Beverly Hills, CA. (Photo: PR Photos)7 of 12
8. 8. The Chaka Khan Experience with Dedry Jones of the Music Experience in Chicago, IL (Photo: PR Photos)8 of 12
9. 9. Chaka Khan at the 2006 BET Awards Show in Los Angeles. (Photo: PR Photos)9 of 12
10. 10. Chaka Khan at Clive Davis'Pre-GRAMMY Awards Party in 2005. (Photo: PR Photos)10 of 12
11. 11. Chaka Khan and David Arquette at the 5th Annual International Children Uniting Nations Day of The Child Celebration. (PR)11 of 12
12. 12. Chaka Khan at the VH1 Diva Duets in 2003 (Photo: PR Photos)12 of 12
(Photo Source: PR Photos)