Quick and easy should be just that. Quick and easy! I hate that sometimes when I see a quick recipe is lacks flavor and the diet plate actually ends up tasting like the diet plate. Well, with today’s recipe, you get a big bowl full of nothing short of amazingness! Look at today’s recipe is a formula. I used specific veggies that I happen to like. But let your imagination run wild. The possibilities are endless. And honestly, I don’t think there’s anything better than a pan of roasted green veggies – especially if you season them just right.
5 cups of your favorite green veggies (I used broccoli, pea pods, and asparagus)
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of fresh ground pepper
1/2 tablespoon of smoked paprika
1/2 tablespoon of granulated garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Toss all the veggie and shallots together with the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Arrange all the veggies in a single layer on a sheet tray or cookie sheet.
- Roast the veggies for 13-15 minutes until they’re tender and slightly golden brown in color.
- As soon as the vegetables come out of the oven, sprinkle the lemon zest over the vegetables. Enjoy warm.