All the time he was married to Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon was dogged for being on a short leash and had to put up with being called “Mr. Mariah Carey” ’cause she was the one in charge.
Of course Mariah is 11 years his senior and much, much richer so it wasn’t much of a stretch to buy into the perception. Well maybe it wasn’t a perception, but reality ’cause now we’re hearing that Mariah has put the brakes on poor Nick as far as him being able to talk about their pending divorce. If he does, there will be consequences. Yep, we’re talking monetary consequences.
TMZ (who else?) is reporting that Nick and Mariah’s lawyers came up with a confidentiality agreement as part of their divorce, but unfortunately for Nick, it’s completely one-sided. (You get one guess as to who it favors.)
Specifically, Nick is barred from saying anything about the split. If he does, there are severe financial penalties. But Mariah has the right under the agreement to announce the split on her terms.
Nick is clearly following orders … check out the video from NYC Thursday — he zipped it.
Nick is allowed to say they’re now living separately … which he’s already done. But he cannot say anything about the divorce.
As has been reported, the union between Nick and Mariah is over. The property settlement and child custody details have already been settled. So yes, the divorce is definitely a “done deal.”
Cheaper To Keep 'Em - Expensive Divorces
1. Aries Spears & Elisa Larregui1 of 16
2. Master P & Sonya Miller2 of 16
3. Lamar Odom & Khloe Kardashian3 of 16
4. Madonna & Guy Ritchie4 of 16
5. Michael & Juanita Jordan5 of 16
6. D-Wade & Siohvaughn6 of 16
7. Bob Johnson7 of 16
8. Tiger & Elin Woods8 of 16
9. Russell and Kimora Lee Simmons9 of 16
10. Shaquille & Shaunie O'Neal:10 of 16
11. Nas & Kelis11 of 16
12. The Dream and Christina Milian12 of 16
13. Eddie and Nicole Murphy13 of 16
14. Janet Jackson & Rene Elinzondo14 of 16
15. Lionel & Diane Richie15 of 16
16. Arnold Schwarzenegger & Maria Shriver16 of 16
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: Instagram)