We received a lot of feedback for the article, the 10 Worst Cities To Raise Black Children. So much so that we had to publish an article detailing the Best cities to raise African American children. This list is based upon the numbers of 5-17 year old children living in an urban city per capita. That number of black children in each city also has not changed or has grown larger in the past 10 years, thus assuming the trend continueshaving a longer life expectancy. See below for the list:
10. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
Currently there are 24. 8 million young African Americans living in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Very promising.
9. Omaha-Council Bluffs, NE-IA
8. Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
7. Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale, AZ
6. Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI